Nova app

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Remove your widgets in Nova and stock launcher, restart the phone and it should work. After this process add the widgets one by one and see if it crashes again.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You have to delete all your widgets from it and the default launcher, then reboot.

Credit to whoever it was that told me lol.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, deleting the widgets from both Nova and stock launchers and then rebooting solved my Nova problems.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
They pushed a Beta update that fixes this problem, the catch is that it comes with another one. I updated it and had that crash, as many other users. Right now I don't recommend to update.

From their Discord server.

Screenshot_20211104-174842.jpg

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That update fixed my issues but the crash's only amounted to a wait/close notification...I ignored it and it did not seem to effect anything. I uninstalled Nova and reinstalled and I thought that fixed it. As it defaulted to Nova Free and I had to install Nova Pro.

As long as we are on the subject I have a Nova Icon that I have been trying to track down and get rid of and it is stumping me. This icon does nothing when I press or long hold. I can drag it anywhere on the main home screen but no where ,else and it can be dragged to the edge so only half shows. It can not be placed in a folder.

Any help appreciated maybe just a setting I accidently chose.

Screenshot_20211104-170456.jpg

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That update fixed my issues but the crash's only amounted to a wait/close notification...I ignored it and it did not seem to effect anything.

As long as we are on the subject I have an Nova Icon that I have been trying to tack down and get rid of and it is stumping me. This icon does nothing when I press or long hold. I can drag it anywhere on the main home screen but no where else and it can be dragged to the edge so only half show. It can not be place in a folder.

Any help appreciated maybe just a setting I accidently chose.

View attachment 338589
See if Nova is enabled in the Accessibility settings. If so, turn off the Accessibility Shortcut.

Last edited:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
See if Nova is enabled in the Accessibility settings. If so, turn off the Accessibility Shortcut.

That is it ! Once I got to it I remember turning on Nova 7 shortcut in acc. options menu. Said I wonder what this does...lol but I was in the middle of so many changes I forgot it. Searched hi and lo in Nova for 2 days...

It doesn't do a thing on a Pixel.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That is it ! Once I got to it I remember turning on Nova 7 shortcut in acc. options menu. Said I wonder what this does...lol but I was in the middle of so many changes I forgot it. Searched hi and lo in Nova for 2 days...

It doesn't do a thing on a Pixel.

Haha. Now you know what it does (and doesn't) :)

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I may need to give Nova another try ... Been mostly Pixel Launcher for me since I got the Pixel 3 way back when. I'd give Nova a-go every once and a while but gesture navigation on Nova never did seem as fluid for me. Haven't tried it yet on my 6 Pro but may have to seeing how Google completely screwed the At a Glance widget IMO.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I may need to give Nova another try ... Been mostly Pixel Launcher for me since I got the Pixel 3 way back when. I'd give Nova a-go every once and a while but gesture navigation on Nova never did seem as fluid for me. Haven't tried it yet on my 6 Pro but may have to seeing how Google completely screwed the At a Glance widget IMO.
Nova is back in my opinion. I'm not seeing any hiccups with it. Really happy with the way it's running on the phone. I'm an old Nova Pro user and I stopped using it for a while including on my fold 2 and my fold 3... It's nice to be back