Nova Launcher 8.0.8 beta + Prime features?

Calab

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a new Pixel 7 phone with Android 14. With the help of some good folks here, and the Nova Launcher app, I was able to set it up how I like it.

When using the beta, how do you enable the Prime features? I did purchase Prime from the app store but it didn't change anything.

I'd really like to get the count dots back on my icons.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
It should look the same with additional features as gestures and etc within the settings
a500ac425fbcd6eb352ff35e9a5bada7.jpg

Calab

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
It should look the same with additional features as gestures and etc within the settings
That's what I thought, but the settings for the prime features were still disabled. Does the order that you install them make a difference? Do you have to install Prime, then the beta?

Calab

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I installed the Prime again. It still said that gestures were a Prime feature. I restarted my phone and all is well. I should have thought of that in the first place.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I installed the Prime again. It still said that gestures were a Prime feature. I restarted my phone and all is well. I should have thought of that in the first place.
Ah yes I'm happy you got it going... The good old restart... Time to enjoy it now..

Calab

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I spoke too soon. The notification badges option is there for me, but I don't get any badges. :(

On this screen shot, there should be notification badges on the Gmail icon and the Nova Settings icon. I verified that the settings are enabled, and that the apps have permission to send notifications.

Screenshot_20231125-180018.jpg

Calab

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Found the issue... When you enable the notification badges in Nova Launcher you will most likely get to a page where notification access is disabled. You won't be able to enable it. You need to
go into your phone settings to Apps > Finding the app > clicking the top three dots for the menu and allowing it full permissions.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Found the issue... When you enable the notification badges in Nova Launcher you will most likely get to a page where notification access is disabled. You won't be able to enable it. You need to
go into your phone settings to Apps > Finding the app > clicking the top three dots for the menu and allowing it full permissions.
I'm glad I was able to help you

Reactions: YankInDaSouth