Ocd begone!!!

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i used to be OCD. And i spent a lot of time to care for my phone. Always cleaning it daily and stuff. And yesterday i found a scratch on the back caused by taking out and putting in my phone in different cases. And i was like ah darn it(then i remembered a video on youtube showing the N10+ surviving a 1000 ft drop) thus i feel assured that even without a case it should be able to withstand most situations i will be in.

For the past 2 months of owning the N10+. I have never used it naked before. But after i found the scratch. I removed the screen protector and case(i threw away all the cases i had). I am just tired of OCD(very time consuming)

So its been 1 day without a case nor screen protector, and i have 2 complains which i have about the design of the N10+... First of all. Naked is very very slippery... And it tends to slide all over the place. Second, the phone is so slim its quite hard at times to pick up the phone without a case.

But overall i am glad OCD is gone... At least for now... And so far i have not found a new scratch or dent. I hope it stays that way until S11 is launched xD.

Last edited:

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Good luck my friend... I would have no prob rocking it naked BUT I don't like the slippery feeling or the fingerprint smudges ... I had my Pixel 2 XL for the longest no case just a dbrand skin for grip .. it was excellent.. you do have to get the right skin though as some are slippery too ... Haha

Keep us posted and I'm sure your OCD will kicknin again .. I'm one with the same issues .. haha

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Good luck my friend... I would have no prob rocking it naked BUT I don't like the slippery feeling or the fingerprint smudges ... I had my Pixel 2 XL for the longest no case just a dbrand skin for grip .. it was excellent.. you do have to get the right skin though as some are slippery too ... Haha

Keep us posted and I'm sure your OCD will kicknin again .. I'm one with the same issues .. haha

My OCD will kick in when i get a newer phone i guess xD.

Btw i feel the same as you about fingerprints and slippery. Thus i sticked an Aukey "key" sticker on the back to counter the slippery issue but have yet to find a counter attack for the fingerprint issue.

And as for stickers... Most stickers sold in Indonesia requires WET installation... Which i am against.... Just dont like my device getting wet...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
And as for stickers... Most stickers sold in Indonesia requires WET installation... Which i am against.... Just dont like my device getting wet...

Sounds like your OCD is already kicking back in, lol. Just kidding.

If you're inclined to go naked but want some more grip, I would suggest a clear skin. Most of them are glossy, and they very much add more grip and less hassle with fingerprints compared to the bare glass. I'm more OCD about dropping and cracking the glass than anything else. That's why I opted for a matte skin and a clear back case. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like your OCD is already kicking back in, lol. Just kidding.

If you're inclined to go naked but want some more grip, I would suggest a clear skin. Most of them are glossy, and they very much add more grip and less hassle with fingerprints compared to the bare glass. I'm more OCD about dropping and cracking the glass than anything else. That's why I opted for a matte skin and a clear back case. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Yes that used to be my favorite MOD for my phone. But nowadays its very difficult to find a seller which sells stickers which uses dry application. Almost all of them in the market are like ClearCoat kind of skins... Tried ClearCoat on my previous Note 8 and i was shocked and swore to never use ClearCoat again.

The amount of liquid used when installing is outrageous....

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it takes only that first drop, scratch.

For me, I put the phone up for sale. lol

If I wasn't an addict and kept my phone for over a year (instead of 4-6 months) I wouldn't care as much.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes it takes only that first drop, scratch.

For me, I put the phone up for sale. lol

If I wasn't an addict and kept my phone for over a year (instead of 4-6 months) I wouldn't care as much.

Same as me.... I used to be so darn OCD that if anyone else besides me touch the phone. I would straight away sell it for the exact same phone but brand new...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes that used to be my favorite MOD for my phone. But nowadays its very difficult to find a seller which sells stickers which uses dry application. Almost all of them in the market are like ClearCoat kind of skins... Tried ClearCoat on my previous Note 8 and i was shocked and swore to never use ClearCoat again.

The amount of liquid used when installing is outrageous....

Not sure where you are located, but SopiGuard has dry applications for clear or matte skins. I have a matte one waiting to be used, whenever I decide to switch out the one I have now.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Is this a Note 10+ forum or a mental illness forum?

Had a Black Note 10+, had some issues with the Google Fi network so I sold it.

Did some research on the Fi issues - some were my fault.

Just ordered a White Note 10+ because I really really like the phone.

I am a mature, responsible, mentally sound adult

Google offered $260 for a Pixel 3 XL trade in on the Pixel 4

Samsung offered $450 for a Pixel 3 trade in on the Note 10+

Next week I'm getting 2 new phones - it is good to be me - :cool:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is this a Note 10+ forum or a mental illness forum?

Had a Black Note 10+, had some issues with the Google Fi network so I sold it.

Did some research on the Fi issues - some were my fault.

Just ordered a White Note 10+ because I really really like the phone.

I am a mature, responsible, mentally sound adult

Good for you.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Google SALAWAT mobile case, I just got one with a brown leather back and it is the most perfect slim case I have ever had for a Note, even nicer than the Tozo ones and totally fingerprint friendly which is a nice bonus