October 2018 Update

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for mine. I got mine from Google and I'm on Verizon. I need this update so I can charge my phone in my car.

Only thing I can think of is I'm on the beta program. I've had issues getting updates before on the beta program.

What is the advantage of staying on beta, when official is available?

What will the October update do for car charging?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
What is the advantage of staying on beta, when official is available?

What will the October update do for car charging?

Since the last update fast charging on a non pd charger doesn't work. It says charging but the battery goes down.

I opted out of the beta program and now it's downloading the update. 😊

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Since the last update fast charging on a non pd charger doesn't work. It says charging but the battery goes down.

I opted out of the beta program and now it's downloading the update.
I just opted out of the beta program and mine is downloading as we speak also...very strange! Never had an issue before the October updated!!

markryb

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
question... I never "officially" opted out of the beta program. I automatically recieved the public release of Android P. I have not received the last update (on Verizon)... if I opt out of the beta program, will it wipe my phone?
I assumed that once I received the official release, it would remove me from from the beta program (apparently not).
Also noticed my build numbers start with
PPR not PPP (which is beta tester number)
Assume PPR stands for public release?

Last edited:

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
question... I never "officially" opted out of the beta program. I automatically recieved the public release of Android P. I have not received the last update (on Verizon)... if I opt out of the beta program, will it wipe my phone?
I assumed that once I received the official release, it would remove me from from the beta program (apparently not).
Also noticed my build numbers start with
PPR not PPP (which is beta tester number)
Assume PPR stands for public release?

No opting out of the beta won't wipe your phone. You should get the OTA within minutes of opting out manually (thats what happened to me).

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
No update here yet. I've never waited this long I've always had the security updates by the latest the 5th of each month so not sure what's going on, I'm in the Boston area on Sprint, (edit) I was still opted-in on the beta site had no idea I just opted out and got the update right afterwards

Last edited:

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
So, I also had the same issue as to why I didn't receive the Oct update sooner. I was still opted in for the Android p beta. Once I opted out, the update came through. I'm sad to report the phone is definitely sluggish. The battery also seems worse.

Last edited:

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
No update here yet. I've never waited this long I've always had the security updates by the latest the 5th of each month so not sure what's going on, I'm in the Boston area on Sprint, (edit) I was still opted-in on the beta site had no idea I just opted out and got the update right afterwards
This is why I started side loading a couple months ago.

anon(9541638)

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Same here opt out and the update started downloading....oh the irony..opt in for early updates and then opt out for on time or in this case a very late Oct 5th update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49