October update is killing my battery!

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Google support forums show I'm not the only one. The solution is to boot in safe mode and triage which app might be causing the issue. If not they suggest a factory reset. To me that's a copout. Phone was fine until the update.
Pixel 2XL

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I also have noticed a significant reduction in battery life recently. I updated to Android 11, hoping it would fix things. The same, if not worse. I have 100s of apps I use, and don't have the mental bandwidth to put the phone in Safe Mode to isolate who is doing what. I glance at my battery stats from time to time, and nothing stands out. I have turned off live wallpaper, don't allow searching for WiFi-Bluetooth even when but using it, screen a dim as I can stand it, etc. But still, battery life horrible.

After the Android 11 update, and still having battery issues, I performed a factory reset. That process took about 8 hours. I still forgot to log into Chrome to backup all my Bookmarks!!

I am hoping my 2 year old phone battery has not physically diminished this significantly. But, alas, this just may be the reason. I don't see myself having the phone taken apart to replace the battery.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Update. Google forum tagged one specific app that misbehaves with the October update. Deleted the app and battery is good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci