Official 2.1 findings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roy Aguilera

Being that the speculation is over and the rollout starts in a few hours please continue all 2.1 conversation here.

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Its awesome honestly. I love 2.1. To bad it doesn't have the 2.1 launcher but I hope we get it in our next update.

Stock has 3 screens only though as most people know.

How else is everyone else liking it?

Oh and...

FIRST REPLY!

Last edited:

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
Its awesome honestly. I love 2.1. To bad it doesn't have the 2.1 launcher but I hope we get it in our next update.

Stock has 3 screens only though as most people know.

How else is everyone else liking it?

Oh and...

FIRST!

lol, look above ya, da was here first. i spose u are the first meatball to post here tho. so u are the first something. lol

1rawdawg

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I just read that there may be more details on how the ota update may transpire. Has anyone heard such? Maybe 10,000 tomorrow followed by 24 hour wait and see. I hope that is wrong. Source droid-life.

R

Roy Aguilera

The first batch of 1,000 updates will be pushed out at 9 a.m. PDT.
Assuming all goes well, another 9,000 updates will go out at 8:59 p.m. PDT.
After that, there's a 24-hour waiting period (to make sure all's still well.)
Then 200,000 updates will go out on Saturday, March 20.
Another batch of 200,000 goes out after that, until everyone has the update.
From AC's front page.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
You have to reboot your phone 4 times and restart it upside down. Only then can you force it to update now. :p

Thought we were supposed root it and install koush's ROM :p
I got 2.1, I threw my phone up in the air, did 3 spins, then restarted upside down.
Got the update.
TRUE STORY. [/sarcasm]

ShanMan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to do anything to enable my Droid to get the update? Ive looked under Settings>System updates but dont see anything. Anyone know?

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure its random as to who gets it. Keep in mind with roughly 1 million of these suckers sold as of now it will take a few days for all of us to get.

Keep checking About -> System Updates but I'm guessing more than likely there will be a push notification letting you know you can grab it as soon as they approve you to. I wasn't here for 2.0.1 so I can't say for certain.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Wow this update is amazing! My phone behaves totally different in a great way.....just as soon as it rolls out :p

Seriously though...why not give us the either/or option? Like have a link to the update.zip on their website so we don't have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams