Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
So did anyone try to update again who already updated yesterday. I know they just put up the newer update, and this update is bigger from yesterday. I think this is 30 mb compared to yesterday, which I think was 22 MB. So what is the difference and are we suppose to update again because we are missing something?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Still have not received any updates from yesterday or today and no I am not rooted. I had the unrevoked which I've already rebooted so unrevoked we disengage. I have check automatically unchecked. What gives.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... interesting that these two threads were merged. I would argue that there is a difference between the 6/28 update and the 6/29 update that might benefit from discussnig them separately.

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the automatic update notification about an hour or so ago, but i didnt install it. Im waiting on unrEVOked to update v1 for simple root. But it did try and get pushed to my device.

Quick question. Is htc like palm, in that the update will hppen automatically if i put it off too long? Or can i put it off indefinitly? Because if unrEVOked1 never works with this ota, then i'll just wait for froyo to update.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Move on? And continue to pay a company to treat me like crap? We will see how they handle this one, because I have a few more lines that have about a year left on contract that I should not have to pay an ETF if I want to leave Sprint now.
Just start moving them one at a time as their contracts come up. Yes for a year you will pay a little more. But don't let a phone be the thing that makes you unhappy.

There are much better reasons to be unhappy. :)

Good luck.

gman eb#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Had the old update downloaded, but didn't install. Just got the notification for the newer update and the older one is now deleted. I'll give this one a go tonight.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... interesting that these two threads were merged. I would argue that there is a difference between the 6/28 update and the 6/29 update that might benefit from discussnig them separately.

AGREED! These are two different updates, and should be in separate threads. Mods, please split them back out again.

a12rnulfo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having problems with my SLINGPLAYER(I have unistalled and reinstalled)!!!

I talk to SPRINT and all they want to do is WIPE THE EVO BACK TO FATORY SETTINGS, should i do this??????????

They claim that this will solve any problems running 3rd paty apps!!??!?!?!?!?!

b0bbY

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to run the update...my current software build is 1.47.651.1 but that was what it updated to yesterday. This was the 22mb update that bricked a lot of phones. It says my phone is up to date...hmmm

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated yesterday morning I noticed my battery life is amazing. I've been off the charge for 13 hours today and still only at 70%!!

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you guys updated yesterday like me without any problems then this update does not apply to us.

"If you updated yesterday, none of this applies to you, you're good to go and already updated."

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Im tempted to update, although I still haven't gotten a notification for it yet. I just still don't know if I want to root, kinda steering myself away from rooting, idk why.

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the notification about an hr back (30.1mb this time) I have downloaded this but yet to install/update - can anyone tell me if it's safe now or this one has bugs as well.

Thanks

halcyonku

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I updated yesterday. I have gotten amazing battery life today. It doesn't seem any faster or less laggy, but I am loving the battery life. That should not read that my phone is laggy, quite the opposite, it is very responsive. The phone and battery are still so new, it will only get better for while. I love this phone.

phonephetish

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else using the HTC clock (style 3 of 12) and it's only showing the location, but not the date or weather? I just noticed this, but must have happened after the update. I did a battery pull, removed widget and added back and still nothing.

UPDATE: I found the problem. Had to go to Settings > Accounts & sync > Manage accounts - selected the various accts to sync, including weather

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank