[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, this one worked on the spot.

Now right now im currently running VaelPak 3.2 RC 2 on my phone. In your opinion which one is better, CyanogenMod7 or the one im running? I just rooted my evo about 3 days ago so I'm noobish right now.

I have tried out most of them and "FOR ME" hands down is CyanogenMod7, but that's my opinion. I would say try a few of them out and see what you like. Dont worry about being a noob, hell... I'm still one you can say and the one who are the experts on here were all noobs to at one time or another.

You can hit the thanks button twice for me then...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: darklite41

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
How is everyone else experiment with GPS?

Mine was spotty. It would lose signal here and there and at times the voice would be off. Guess where it lost signal at times. Other than that, this will be the first stable release (for me anyways) that has been better or the same as all the nightly builds I have used.

edbbates11

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Camcorder is working again in 7.0.2.1 Haven't had a chance to check out GPS on the go. It did lock on when i opened google maps pretty quick.

Evo 4g

ChaosMarine03

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
So when I went to upgrade last night, all of my apps, data, and Widgets were gone. I promptly restored my nandroid and decided to deal with it later. Is this how the update is supposed to work? I thought it would be like an OTA and keep all of the apps, homescreens, and Widgets. Or do I just have to back up and bite the bullet and reorganize everything?

ChaosMarine03

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Apps, data, and homescreen are suppose to be there. Was data wiped when you installed it?

I don't think so. At least I didn't explicitly tell it to. You are supposed to clear both caches right? I just updated via Rom manager and told it to clear the caches and not the data. Can anyone point me in the direction of the proper update method?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't use Rom Manager, but all you need to wipe when doing it manually is wipe cache and dalvik cache. Everything will look the same after installing the updated version.

wcdove24

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
So when I went to upgrade last night, all of my apps, data, and Widgets were gone. I promptly restored my nandroid and decided to deal with it later. Is this how the update is supposed to work? I thought it would be like an OTA and keep all of the apps, homescreens, and Widgets. Or do I just have to back up and bite the bullet and reorganize everything?

When using Rom Manager, and you wipe data the Rom that appears will be as if you bought a phone from the store with ASOP installed. You will start basically from scratch with the exception of a few additives. So unless you back up you apps within the apps on the SD card or use something like Titataium Backup, every time you flash a new Rom using Rom Manger and clear the data you will have to start from scratch.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Toss my hat in the ring as another person whose GPS is now working flawlessly. Locked on right away and displayed accuracy was within about 10 feet of where I am in my apartment building, if I can in any way trust the blue indicator on the overlay.

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So i take cm-7.0.2.1 is working alot better than that 7.02 that was only up for 2 hours or something like that. Saw alot of peeps were having problems with it. Now I see Nightly #57 is up, anyone try it out. Im still on CM 7.00 final and I'm dying to flash ,lol

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So i take cm-7.0.2.1 is working alot better than that 7.02 that was only up for 2 hours or something like that. Saw alot of peeps were having problems with it. Now I see Nightly #57 is up, anyone try it out. Im still on CM 7.00 final and I'm dying to flash ,lol

Hit 7.0.2.1.

ChaosMarine03

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
When using Rom Manager, and you wipe data the Rom that appears will be as if you bought a phone from the store with ASOP installed. You will start basically from scratch with the exception of a few additives. So unless you back up you apps within the apps on the SD card or use something like Titataium Backup, every time you flash a new Rom using Rom Manger and clear the data you will have to start from scratch.

Gotcha. I just upgraded via recovery menu with no issues. I'm all set with 7.0.2.1. I have found that rom manager is only useful for the clockwork mod recovery.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Normally I would go ahead and flash #57 but this the first time I have a stable release that is actually working for me (7.0.2.1). I think I might actually settle down with this release and see what comes in a later date. :)

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Normally I would go ahead and flash #57 but this the first time I have a stable release that is actually working for me (7.0.2.1). I think I might actually settle down with this release and see what comes in a later date.

I just flashed (7.0.2.1). I was the same way. I was very have with CM 7.0 and I hope 7.0.2.1 runs just as good or better. I'm have been using the Tiamat 3.3.7 sbc kernel with the CM 7.0 and have been VERY VERY happy with Tiamat.

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I remember not to long ago someone was talking about facebook app crashing. Well, a new update is out 1.5.4 with bug fixes, maybe that will help ya out.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed (7.0.2.1). I was the same way. I was very have with CM 7.0 and I hope 7.0.2.1 runs just as good or better. I'm have been using the Tiamat 3.3.7 sbc kernel with the CM 7.0 and have been VERY VERY happy with Tiamat.

I been using nightly builds for so long I almost forgot about using others kernels. lol :)
I think the time is now to play around with them again.

I remember not to long ago someone was talking about facebook app crashing. Well, a new update is out 1.5.4 with bug fixes, maybe that will help ya out.

I was one that was having major f/c problems with version 1.5.3. Thanks for the heads up. Going to uninstall the version I have now and give the new version a shot. I still got the old version handy just in case. :)

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I was one that was having major f/c problems with version 1.5.3. Thanks for the heads up. Going to uninstall the version I have now and give the new version a shot. I still got the old version handy just in case.

I just tried it and its working great now for me and no forcecloses!!! SWEET.

Reactions: gksmithlcw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny