[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
How many of you that are experiencing all the bugs/issues with GB, are running it on a rooted device? Is there any difference on devices that have never been rooted?

Mine has never been rooted and I have most of the bugs described accept I don't use Nexflix or Pandora. The Screen high battery use issue is the first thing I noticed.

paapDOTnet

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Date/Time set on automatic will put me in Hong Kong (instead of Minneapolis, big difference). The weather widget also comes up with Liaocheg when I turn off wifi and it uses 3G to determine my location. Doesn't seem to make a difference with GPS on or off.

Also noticing Netflix app won't play content. App runs but when selecting something to view it will return back to the same page you just left.

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Voicemail notification

Not going to repeat what was already said when I read through the thread, but I noticed the Voicemail notification seems to be how many voicemails I have in my Google Voice account. I don't use my GV any more... just seemed odd!

(Perhaps related to Sprint's new GV integration?)

EDIT: Just want to add that when I deleted the voicemails (not archived), then rebooted after clearing the notification, it finally stayed gone! Give it a try.

Last edited:

bimp

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this?

After the update, my phone went to the default HTC scene, and didn't save my customized scene.

Also, the launcher bar is now stuck on the right side of the screen instead of the bottom, as if the home screen is in landscape mode. It also covers any icons or shortcuts on the right most side, and the phone button does not work.

Before you ask, no, my phone is not rooted.

edit: The update also seems to have broken visual voicemail as well.

Yes my HTC Sense went back to default. Had to add everything back to what it was before the OTA update. NOT rooted. All my apps and configurations did survive the OTA. Little annoying.

What is more annoying is that I now have a constant notification that says:
"Low on space" Phone storage space is getting low

Definitely is the case with only 41 MB left but anyway to remove this notification message?

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
there is no UI changes am i right?

Nothing major. Everything I have noticed is very very minor and not really worth updating as a "new feature". For example the font for the 3G indicator is different and when you go to answer a call there is a green line under the bar and a red line above it (green to accept and red to decline). Basically it's just indicating the action it will use depending on the swipe you perform. Things like that.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
~Feature: When the phone is ringing with Sense enable, the top of the sense bar to swype up is red (to decline) and the bottom to answer is lined green.

~Bug: Voicemail notifications not working.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that with the htc battery widget installed, under My Apps in the Market there is a "Battery Widget" from Inno Lab. I get a "Requested item not found" when i try to access it though. I un-installed the battery widget from the get more htc widgets screen and it disappeared from the Market. I re-installed the battery widget and it showed back up in the Market.

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
~Feature: When the phone is ringing with Sense enable, the top of the sense bar to swype up is red (to decline) and the bottom to answer is lined green.

~Bug: Voicemail notifications not working.

Try deleting your Google Voice voicemails--not archiving, but deleting. My regular visual voicemail was still working with Sprint Voicemails, but I got the notification for my Google Voice voicemails. Let me know how/if it works out after you delete them, reset the notification, then reboot the phone (not the new standby mode).

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Not going to repeat what was already said when I read through the thread, but I noticed the Voicemail notification seems to be how many voicemails I have in my Google Voice account. I don't use my GV any more... just seemed odd!

(Perhaps related to Sprint's new GV integration?)

EDIT: Just want to add that when I deleted the voicemails (not archived), then rebooted after clearing the notification, it finally stayed gone! Give it a try.

I do have Google Voice installed, but there are no voicemails listed when I log in to it from my PC. Also the notification I get has it dial out to my cell number and not Google Voice to check for the "new" message(s).

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine also showed my cell number (no messages), but the GV thing fixed it. Thought I might have a solution, but guess not! Thanks.

hselomein

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that with the htc battery widget installed, under My Apps in the Market there is a "Battery Widget" from Inno Lab. I get a "Requested item not found" when i try to access it though. I un-installed the battery widget from the get more htc widgets screen and it disappeared from the Market. I re-installed the battery widget and it showed back up in the Market.

Yeah move your apps to the sd card, you can do that under applications in the setting menu

milyo2000

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
After the update, I had 44 megs of internal memory available. I moved some big apps like Netflix from my SD card to my phone, then *back* to the SD card and now I have TWICE as much internal phone memory available.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44