OK Google on Samsung Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2

Tazio Nuvo

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
On my SGS4 with kit-kat 4.4.2, I have OK Google turned "on" in Google Settings. However, OK Google only works if I tap in the Google Search box first. That defeats the purpose since I can just as well tap the microphone icon in the search box and get the same result. I thought the point of OK Google was not to have to tap but just to speak.
Am I missing something here?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
On my SGS4 with kit-kat 4.4.2, I have OK Google turned "on" in Google Settings. However, OK Google only works if I tap in the Google Search box first. That defeats the purpose since I can just as well tap the microphone icon in the search box and get the same result. I thought the point of OK Google was not to have to tap but just to speak.
Am I missing something here?

The latest version of Nova Launcher lets you switch to "Okay Google" from "Hi Galaxy".

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know (I may be wrong here) the Ok Google phrase only works on the Google now launcher which I have as standard on my Nexus 5, however its easily sideloaded using an apk online. Personally I use the launcher over Nova etc. It's brilliant.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo