ok, how do I do Google Voice Actions!?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it sucks that the Search button got removed in the EVOLTE. I used it a lot to launch Voice Search on my OG EVO. Hopefully there will be a custom rom that will allow us to hold down the Home key to launch it, or even better, reassign the camera shutter button to launch any app, including Voice Search.

I know you can use a third party launcher like Nova Launcher which can give you various ways to easily launch Voice Search, such as:

- Adding the Voice Search icon to the dock.
- Assigning the "Home" button to launch Voice Search (tap once to bring up the main Home screen, and tap it again to launch Voice Search).
- Or you can set it up to launch via finger gestures, such as a one or two finger swipe going upwards or downwards. (The gesture feature is only in the paid version.)

Reactions: strudel#AC

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah WTH?? There seriously is no quick launch of it anymore?? There isn't even a button to launch it anymore. I have to open Google Search and THEN hit the button in there. LOVE the EVO 4G LTE so far but this is annoying...

Klaskimo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
An easy fix is to put the google search widget on your home screen, the voice microphone is part of the widget. My evo had it preloaded on the 2nd home screen.

eheif

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
The voice search is missing in the apps, So I went to 4shared.com and downloaded it and installed it on my phone. It asks you if you want to replace the system app. I said yes and installed it. I am a happy camper now as this app was one I used a lot. Now I have the app on my nome sreen just like I had it on my Epic Touch.

s1russe

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My voice search came loaded on the 2nd home page. It's great for searching web and navigating but it will not recognize any of my contacts. Any solutions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692