OK, HTC fans....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
A camera that lives up to the hype. A chip that runs the phone well, and doesn't get too hot when doing it.

An actual redesign instead of something warmed over from last year. It can be an evolution, but not the same but with some tweaks.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This is supposedly the HTC Aero, next to an iPhone. And people say the Huawei Nexus looks like one, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• JPEG_20150825_080817.jpg
    JPEG_20150825_080817.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 235

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Jonny Ivey actually swiped design language from the HTC One series when designing the iPhone6. It's a cruel irony that people now think HTC is trying to make iPhones.

Slick051079

Banned
Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I saw in another thread where someone was hoping for a 4-5K mah battery. I am not an expert but it seems like the bigger the battery, the worse the preservation of battery power.Just because a phone receives a huge battery doesn't equate to efficiency.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I saw in another thread where someone was hoping for a 4-5K mah battery. I am not an expert but it seems like the bigger the battery, the worse the preservation of battery power.Just because a phone receives a huge battery doesn't equate to efficiency.

battery size doesn't affect efficiency. these OEMs hype up how efficient their phone is, then make it as slim as possible so they can appeal to the average Joe. what they should do is use that efficiency to their advantage along with a larger battery so we can finally experience some decent battery life.

I heard a radio commercial this weekend for the S6, it actually said that it has a "huge" battery and "lasts all day."

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I want in HTC O2 a 5 inch 3D 4K display(yes i want 3D displays back) , 4gb ram, 128gb internal memory with expandable storage, large capacity removable battery, go back to the aluminum unibody design of HTC Legend. Dual rear and dual front 3D cameras similar to HTC Evo 3D,waterproof body, etc. That's all i can think of now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I want in HTC O2 a 5 inch 3D 4K display(yes i want 3D displays back) , 4gb ram, 128gb internal memory with expandable storage, large capacity removable battery, go back to the aluminum unibody design of HTC Legend. Dual rear and dual front 3D cameras similar to HTC Evo 3D,waterproof body, etc. That's all i can think of now.

Wow, I would hate that phone :p On those lines, what I would do - 5.2" FHD or QHD display, 4gb RAM, 128gb internal, NO microSD, battery not removable - 4-5k mAh sealed, I can be fine with all metal, but prefer metal frame with leather back. I'd go with one rear camera that is super awesome, one front camera that I don't care about at all - waterproof sounds cool. Front facing speakers are a good thing. Oh, and get rid of that damned black bar.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Amen! Yes phones need to be optimized as the droid maxx with 3600 mAh outlasted a 3900 mAh battery in the Droid turbo despite advertising to the contrary.

But plenty of Chinese phone makers are popping 4000-5000 mAh batteries into cheap, thin, pretty phones.

Small batteries or in fact any phone iteration that goes backwards in size is indefensible and a slap in the face to consumers.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Current rumored specs on 02 are:

5 and 6 inch screened versions in 2k
820 processor
4 gb ddr4 ram
64, 128 gb memory
USB 3.0 c

I would imagine that boomsound will return since htc would be crazy to get rid of that.

Camera wise 21 mp
Not sure about the front camera

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Current rumored specs on 02 are:

5 and 6 inch screened versions in 2k
820 processor
4 gb ddr4 ram
64, 128 gb memory
USB 3.0 c

I would imagine that boomsound will return since htc would be crazy to get rid of that.

Camera wise 21 mp
Not sure about the front camera

why would they be crazy to get rid of boomsound? it's not like they did well with it.

that said, I agree they should keep the front facing speakers, but according to HTC, it's not possible to have boomsound without the black bar. they keep that black bar and it'll be dead on arrival, so either they need to figure it out, and keep the boomsound but remove the bar, or ditch the boomsound.

either way, the black bar has to go.

I think they really just need to keep things simple, kinda like moto. a 5" and 6" version with large batteries is a good start. again, remove the black bar, improve the camera and freshin up the design. not suggesting they get rid of sense, but trim it down instead of adding useless features. include the features/specs people expect in 2016 (I can do without 1440p, at least on the 5" version) and most importantly, don't make a thousand different phones and price it reasonably.

a mid range phone along with these two, and maybe an economy version and that's it. more phones complicates the brand, especially when some are only released in Asia.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Front camera 5 mp
Battery 3500 mAh, which is about 7% bigger than nexus 6.

As for the black bar being a requirement for front speakers not sure if it's true as. My nexus 6 has some awesome front speakers and it has nothing of the sort.

Now the htc boomsound speakers are. 10 db louder than the nexus 6, so maybe they are packing some kind of giant speakers in there.

Regardless, I love what I see, assuming don't speakers remain.

But if they are removed than I will have no choice but to hold onto my nexus 6 until either A

There is another 6 inch phablet with front speakers And nexus 6 is longer getting updated

Or

As soon as a 6.1+ inch screen with 3500+ mAh battery and front facing speakers comes out.

I've been driving my nexus so hard, running it through 2.5 Battery charges per day since February that my sot has dropped from 6.5 hrs to 3.5 hrs.

Obviously the weaker the battery becomes the more cycles per day it goes through and so the faster it. Degrades.

So if someone would please give me a simple upgrade from my nexus 6 in terms of the 3 Things that matter to me I would jump at the chance to upgrade.

Alas, I fear a 6.1 inch phone with duel speakers is just too awesome to ever exist so I will have to ride my nexus 6 until the wheels fall of, while keeping it constantly running of an external battery.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Front camera 5 mp
Battery 3500 mAh, which is about 7% bigger than nexus 6.

As for the black bar being a requirement for front speakers not sure if it's true as. My nexus 6 has some awesome front speakers and it has nothing of the sort.

Now the htc boomsound speakers are. 10 db louder than the nexus 6, so maybe they are packing some kind of giant speakers in there.

Regardless, I love what I see, assuming don't speakers remain.

But if they are removed than I will have no choice but to hold onto my nexus 6 until either A

There is another 6 inch phablet with front speakers And nexus 6 is longer getting updated

Or

As soon as a 6.1+ inch screen with 3500+ mAh battery and front facing speakers comes out.

I've been driving my nexus so hard, running it through 2.5 Battery charges per day since February that my sot has dropped from 6.5 hrs to 3.5 hrs.

Obviously the weaker the battery becomes the more cycles per day it goes through and so the faster it. Degrades.

So if someone would please give me a simple upgrade from my nexus 6 in terms of the 3 Things that matter to me I would jump at the chance to upgrade.

Alas, I fear a 6.1 inch phone with duel speakers is just too awesome to ever exist so I will have to ride my nexus 6 until the wheels fall of, while keeping it constantly running of an external battery.
Moto X Pure, 5.7", front facing speaker, near stock Android.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully next year moto still has the same software and bumps the screen size.

Lenovo fired the software engineers who have created all the software but then again the zuk z1 is a Lenovo phone and coming with cyanogen os so maybe they will keep the software good.

Otherwise a Lenovo skin means the end of fast updates.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Complete specs leak for the HTC O2: 6-inch QHD screen, SD-820, 4GB RAM and IP certification?

So looks like front facing speakers remain and it will be waterproof to boot.

Sounds like htc is really hoping it's game.

O2 (name based on htc one two) will hopefully return htc to glory unless the media does a hatchet job against it like with the m9.

So much of the criticism was based on the design being too old.

Well if their all metal curved form factor that is pretty much perfect, is so nice in the m7, then why change it just to change it?

Remember people that there is only so different a large screen phone can be of it has front facing speakers which everyone says they love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid