Ok so AT&T LTE band 30 is going to push me into having to leave AT&T.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone at AT&T realize how terrible their service is since they implemented LTE band 30? I have been fighting this problem for a year now, the only way I found around it is to only use unlocked phones that do not have band 30. I have tested this with multiple phones (6 different phones). What were they thinking when they added such a high frequency band and the worst part is once your phone latches onto band 30 it's like a dog with a bone, I get better signal strength inside a concrete and steel building on bands 5 and 2 the I do outside in a good signal area on band 30. Now even newer unlock phones are coming with band 30 on them and they do the same thing. I'm going to try T-mobile on pre paid for a month, if that works then I'll leave AT&T after 16 years.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You might want to also think about Mint SIM. They have this awesome trial going on. It's a prepaid service, BUT before you pay, you download an app to your phone and it tells you 1 if your phone is compatible and 2 if the signal is good in your area. IF its all go then you can signup and pay 5 bucks for 2 SIMs, a test SIM with a small amount of usage for a practical trial and then the regular SIM for if you decide to go ahead with a plan. You then can buy plans for 3, 6 or 12 months at VERY reasonable rates.....

https://www.androidcentral.com/mint-sim-app

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@pkcable

Mint SIM runs on T-Mo towers so depending on the users area he may have spotty coverage and poor building penetration vs ATT if he disables band 30 LTE and rides on their band 12/17.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Never did it on Android, but used to do it all the time on Windows Phone via Field Test Menu.

I image it would require Root and possibly flashing an older baseband?

That's what I was thinking. Shouldn't have to be such a pain, but it is what it is. I still have 8 days to return it and just go back to using unlocked phones that don't include band 30 then hope T mobile coverage gets better around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174