Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Note4Ever

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

marshmallow

no idea what the security patch is but I suspect with the total loss of the note 7 they will keep up support of the 4 for at least another year .

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

I read that the battery was a fraction too large for the battery compartment, putting the whole battery under physical pressure.
Samsung stated it was pressure during anode cathode cell production. In other words, they pressed the layers too hard when sandwiching with the insulation layer.

Added: I now think they have no real idea what it is.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm still on my Note 4. I'm glad I didn't make the jump. I had no real reason to.

I use my phone for phone calls, texting, surfing the Web, and basic media consumption.

Barely experience any lag and my battery life is phenomenal.

Mine is as well. I rooted my phone and am using a custom ROM and the battery easily lasts several days.

I also have a Note 5 but the battery life is half that of what I get on the Note 4. I am even using the original batteries that I got with the Note 4 in January of 2015.

I would still rather use my Note 5 every day and do so and use the Note 4 only at home.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

My Note 7 is fine. Will keep until they force me off. Best device ever. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Samsung needs to figure out what changed with their battery procurement and production process. Billions down the drain.
I don't think it will be long before they start shutting off the devices...

At this point - I wouldn't be surprised to see the carriers start blocking the IMEIs soon in order to force customers to bring them in...

I was on the fence until I saw the Samsung press release... I'm done - checked with ATT store and they're going to do full return and I'll be looking either at the pixel, OP3, or simply waiting for awhile... The s7e wasn't a good fit, and I've had previous problems with LG ... I loathe Apple...

Now that Samsung is on the bad list.. the list is getting sparse ..

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm keeping mine till it either explodes or gets shut off with an update. Will be forced into the LG V20 then I guess. Since no other phone comes close to the 7. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone on front so thats out.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
LG V20 or Google Pixel?

Pixel XL or iPhone 7+. May as well get the device that's directly supported by the company that makes it. That's really important (security, features, longevity).

I bailed on the Note 7 and went 7+. Also have a Pixel XL on order. I'm good for next 3 or so years. Cheaper in the long run IMO since with Android devices we are always lunging at the next best thing.

V20 looks neat but it will surely go largely unsupported after like a year. Nah. Done with OEMs.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

The USER difference between the note 4 and the note 7 is NEGLIGIBLE ... If you use your phone to run benchmarks , then yes you'll love the 7 more ( but no one actually DOES that , they don't MAKE the phones for you to run benchmarks all day ) ...

Have you used both phones to say this?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I remember when people had problems with their phones, that was the first accusation. Now it's charging cables.

Oh! Well! Thank Goodness there is something to blame it on... Seriously, though... it would *seem* to me that one culprit would be physical damage that you can't readily see. Phones get dropped... all. the. time. Guess it's time for a new battery technology... zero point energy channeling, perhaps! LOL

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

EXACTLY why is everyone jumping the gun here? There's no recall (yet) and they are still investigating. Why don't we all start worrying when there's some legit info?

Status
Not open for further replies.