Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

Would go S7E if it had 64GB. Likely going V20 or Pixel XL. Still toying with HTC 10, but not sure I can go with that small of a screen.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I don't have a clue what I would switch to if im forced to give back note7. Hate to have to wait a year for the note8. I'm so aggravated right now. All the cases etc I've bout for this phone and I was excited when got replacement Friday and now this crap. Hope Samsung tells us soon if they going to officially discontinue the note 7 or not. I'll be hella mad if i switch phone and they fixed it somehow and i can't get it cause im stuck with another phone.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

S7 Edge. The loaner one I used was God awful silver/gold. I had a crappy case too and I always pulled up edge display not intentionally. Rarely did it without meaning too. Grace UX destroys touch wiz i loved using it and missed it when using the s7 edge. Lack of HDR video support, stylus, and retina scanner are the true N7 exclusives.

There will be more cases/screen protectors for the s7 edge since it's been longer. Unless every single s7 edge blows up Samsung will support it and it's already confirmed for nougat and grace ux. So aside from screen size, retina scanner, HDR video, and s pen the s7 edge isn't as different and will be better when it gets grace ux.

For those who got to keep all the fast chargers or invested in wireless charging pucks those will still work. Only true nitpick I have with it is 32 GB onboard storage and the edge display is implemented better on note 7

Truthfully the pixel xl is 5.5 which is around the s7 edge size. Although S7 would have less headache with screen protectors and glass ones too

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't have a clue what I would switch to if im forced to give back note7. Hate to have to wait a year for the note8. I'm so aggravated right now. All the cases etc I've bout for this phone and I was excited when got replacement Friday and now this crap. Hope Samsung tells us soon if they going to officially discontinue the note 7 or not. I'll be hella mad if i switch phone and they fixed it somehow and i can't get it cause im stuck with another phone.
That's what I'm battling with. They are saying that we should power them down and exchange them, but they didn't officially say it was a recall. I'd hate to take mine back this week and then they figure out what's wrong soon after. Although I love this phone It's not worth returning and them having to rebuy it again. If I give it up I'm pretty much done.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site

They gave me an S7 Edge to use when I handed my original Note7 in. I didn't like it at all. I've got the replacement Note7 now and it runs like a dream. I've still got my Note 4 so I think I would go back to that if need be.

As I've posted elsewhere if you have a rooted Note 4 or are thinking about rooting your Note 4 you can install the full Note7 rom on it. I'm running the Norma V5 Note7 port on my N910G at the moment and it's very good. Worth a look if you want the best of both worlds.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

I'm loving my new iTurd even more now. :-\

Where did you get your iTurd from? I'm on VZW and I ordered a mePhone 7 Plus for my daughter and they were all back-ordered. Her new mePhone 7 Plus ships 11/30/16.

Super pissed that Samsung can't get their QC together. Love the Note 7 nothing compares. I got the Note 7 on an upgrade @ $299.99 & locked in my UDP for 2 yrs. Now it looks like all that is gone. I'm considering it but I'm not sure I can go mePhone 7 Plus or any device around because nothing else compares.. Gonna "fire up" my Note 4 but going from the Note 7 to anything else will be painful.

MadMexican73

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

I just returned mine tonight for an s7 edge.not to thrilled. But I did get a FREE TV out of it.apparently it was a promotion for Verizon customers. But the Samsung rep let me have it for sticking with Samsung.

Attachments

• 8527.jpg
    8527.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 96

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: OK.. I accept defeat... but now what?

As much as I do not want to get rid of this phone.... It's took much of a risk to keep for many reasons beyond the battery.

Bought the phone at best buy. I decided I want the v20. I have no back up phone because we switched to at&t 11 days ago. Best buy does not even have the v20 listed. Could I take my phone to an AT&T store, other the v20 and get a loaner? I can't be without a phone and I want the v20. Was kicking around the s7 edge but no way... I want that v20. What to do?

The only thing left to do is buy a hefty container of Vaseline and bend over. I know it's just a phone, but this whole ordeal sure sucks.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh Bat Guano. It's too early to tell. The Samsung Lawyers have spoken. We'll see.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm tired of this mess. Love, absolutely love the note 7.. but just can't get over this fiasco. Found an iPhone 256gb in gold close to me, handled it, hated it...

Switched over to the s7e..and got my free TV too..

99da061b6f9cc6bdffafb92e60232a1c.jpg

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
S7 Edge or Note 5?

So after all that happened with Samsung lots of guys are switching to yet another Samsung phone that reportedly overheats at an alarming rate and is also reported to spontaneously burn / blow up. Just spend 5 minutes googling it.

I just don't get it, honestly.

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site

Im taking my 7 back tomorrow.
I will just use either my s7 or s7 edge, i really dont want to go away from samsung, i like the set up too much.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

I got the iPhone 7 plus a few days ago and surprisingly and shockingly I like it, gonna return my note 7 tomorrow... Hopefully the s8 isn't plagued with recalls

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Where did you get your iTurd from? I'm on VZW and I ordered a mePhone 7 Plus for my daughter and they were all back-ordered. Her new mePhone 7 Plus ships 11/30/16.

Super pissed that Samsung can't get their QC together. Love the Note 7 nothing compares. I got the Note 7 on an upgrade @ $299.99 & locked in my UDP for 2 yrs. Now it looks like all that is gone. I'm considering it but I'm not sure I can go mePhone 7 Plus or any device around because nothing else compares.. Gonna "fire up" my Note 4 but going from the Note 7 to anything else will be painful.
iPhone 7 Plus definitely does not compare. Yes the UI is smoother, the IPC is faster, /'d the battery life is longer, but the feature set of the Note 7, the flexibility, and the design, design especially, is second to none. It is really too bad this happened to the first device that Samsung released that was genuinely better than the iPhone in every possible way.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

iPhone 7 Plus definitely does not compare. Yes the UI is smoother, the IPC is faster, /'d the battery life is longer, but the feature set of the Note 7, the flexibility, and the design, design especially, is second to none. It is really too bad this happened to the first device that Samsung released that was genuinely better than the iPhone in every possible way.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

That's what I'm battling with. They are saying that we should power them down and exchange them, but they didn't officially say it was a recall. I'd hate to take mine back this week and then they figure out what's wrong soon after. Although I love this phone It's not worth returning and them having to rebuy it again. If I give it up I'm pretty much done.

Same here but I'll give them a bit longer before i make my mind up. I have to do a lot of research on other phones first.

Status
Not open for further replies.