Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Officially discontinued Galaxy Note 7

Note Brand done? Hardly. It had a solid niche in the market. How many stylus phones are out there with the unique feature set that the Notes have? They will be extra extra extra careful with the Note 8 and it'll release earlier in the cycle in 2017. Guaranteed.

As far as you folks hoping/waiting for the S8...... why? If you were a NOTE user who loves the Note features, why on earth are you looking forward to a 5.1" screen with no S-pen?

Samsung will likely release two versions of the S8, not just a 5.1" version.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Waiting for iPhone 7+ to come in stock. No backup phone.

I did the same but a couple of weeks ago. If you live near a Apple store you might be able to walk in and pick one up...just have to call them everyday and get lucky. I've also been thinking about picking up a used N5 to play with for a few weeks.

kazman12

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Waiting for iPhone 7+ to come in stock. No backup phone.

So do I just bring my note 7 in and tell them I want the iPhone 7+ then pick up a cheap phone in the meantime?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

I guess I'll wait and see what the next Blackberry looks like or the Nokia phones that are due before Christmas. R.I.P. I'd say Samsung go f yourself, but they're already f'ed. Just lost 19 billion $ in worth since they released the cancellation confirmation.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Note Brand done? Hardly. It had a solid niche in the market. How many stylus phones are out there with the unique feature set that the Notes have? They will be extra extra extra careful with the Note 8 and it'll release earlier in the cycle in 2017. Guaranteed.

As far as you folks hoping/waiting for the S8...... why? If you were a NOTE user who loves the Note features, why on earth are you looking forward to a 5.1" screen with no S-pen?

I'm looking forward to the Note 8 next year. Its definitely going to be a beast since they need a come back.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

Posted by Airbrush...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by billykac

As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?

I'll assume that you are agreeing with me about keeping this thread focused on my topics. :)

Apparently, a Forum Admin decided to make this a Sticky - which is fine - but then they changed the title and the purpose of the thread, without talking to me about it. I found that confusing, so I just changed the title back to what it originally was.

Regarding the original topic - I am still totally undecided!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Exactly, there will not be a NOTE next year. There will be a phone with an spen it will just not be called the NOTE.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

They change it and lock the others so it was change with a purpose... otherwise other thread need to be unlock or remade...

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Best in performance, appearance and features, but not best in safety can?

Maybe appearance and "features" but I don't believe for a second that it was the best in performance. As a matter of fact, XDA posted an article saying how embarrassing the performance was. Now I know that's going g to **** people off, but it is what it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.xda-...rld-performance/amp/?client=ms-android-google

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Well for those of us who actually use the S-Pen a lot killing the N7 screws up a lot of stored information I can only retrieve from the web. Not the fastest way to get my information. Now I cannot just pull out my phone and take notes. There is no alternative phone that is just as good. The Note 5 has no SD card and 32GB of memory is too little for me. The N4 was pretty good but I had to trade in both of mine for the N7's. Now I will have to use a normal phone because chances are the Note line may be dead forever. Blue Bell Ice Cream has a better chance of getting past their newest cookie dough recall than Samsung does and the ice cream has killed people.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

How could it have being the best phone on the market with such dangerous and mechanical issues? U guys are unbelievable
It was. At the time it was launched before this fiasco, a lot of us seemed to agree that the Note 7 was one of the best phone launched in 2016 and quite possibly one of the very best Samsung had made.

Then, this whole fiasco happened, to the point where a lot of us are withdrawing our recommendations.

There is no alternative phone that is just as good. The Note 5 has no SD card and 32GB of memory is too little for me.
See if you can find a 64GB Note 5. 64GB is still quite plenty.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

And the disaster isn't close to being over. I would Imagine we have 1 more big screwing before the end.

Wait until they cripple the phone to unusable. I hope they give us a short period and timeline before these phones get the switch cut off. Can you imagine the mess and rush at local carriers. I can see it now on kill day, hundreds of angry N7 owners in a huge line trying to get a functional phone because N7 no longer has a signal. It's gonna suck but since the N7 is officially dead, I believe that's Samsung next move and only choice.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

To make amends, they could at least push out Nougat + the new Touchwiz to all S7 / S7E users worldwide ASAP.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

I came from a Note 4 and to be honest, Note 4 has too much lag and battery life is not as good as Note 7.

Same situation and same experience.

Damn I am bummed about this. I've been spoiled by my 2 months with this phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Maybe appearance and "features" but I don't believe for a second that it was the best in performance. As a matter of fact, XDA posted an article saying how embarrassing the performance was. Now I know that's going g to **** people off, but it is what it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.xda-...rld-performance/amp/?client=ms-android-google
XDA is visited by far less than 1% of the phone buying public so anything they write essentially effects nobody.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

To make amends, they could at least push out Nougat + the new Touchwiz to all S7 / S7E users worldwide ASAP.

I want the new Touchwiz pushed to Note 5. I mean at least give us the UI so we can feel somewhat familiar again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf