On device or memory card

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Apps on device. Videos and music on the SD card.

Not sure if it makes a difference but having the apps on the internal storage might make them load faster. Can't tell though.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Here's what I found because I was thinking the same at one time:

Whether an app can be moved to the SD card depends on how the app was written. With more and more apps being "written" by people who don't know how to write apps, and use app-writing apps to make their apps, you're going to see fewer and fewer apps that can run from the SD card. From now on, it's "buy a phone with enough internal storage for all the apps you'll need, and upgrade when you need a larger phone".

Google was never designed to run apps from the SD card (and actually doesn't. Parts of the app are moved to the card, but there's a link left in internal storage, where Android looks for that part, pointing to where it is on the card. It's kind of like a shortcut, which isn't the program, it's a pointer to the program.)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Do you transfer your app to your memory card or keep them stored on your device? Why?

Posted via the Android Central App

Leave apps on the card. It doesn't make sense from a performance point of view. So don't bother. Pictures, videos and music, where possible, are the right type of use for an SD card.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I only keep my pictures, videos, documents, music and a couple of apps on my SD card. The majority of my apps are stored on my device storage.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps on the device. Backups of all the apps to the SD card. Backups of that to the desktop. Then I delete the ones I probably don't need with me when I'm away from home (apps that I once used, but have uninstalled, but might want to install again). I've downloaded over 1,000 apps - I have about 20 backed up on the card and about 200 installed on the phone.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Okay, speaking of apps especially ones from Google Play that have been purchased, can these be re-downloaded to one's Android device again in the future if need be?

Gearheadaddy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, speaking of apps especially ones from Google Play that have been purchased, can these be re-downloaded to one's Android device again in the future if need be?

Yes, they will download again at no charge...some to a different ,newer phone (I have a few of those, Draw Something with no ads is one, from Sprint EVO3D to Verizon Galaxy Note 4)

Posted via the Verizon Note 4

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they will download again at no charge...some to a different ,newer phone (I have a few of those, Draw Something with no ads is one, from Sprint EVO3D to Verizon Galaxy Note 4)

Posted via the Verizon Note 4
At no charge again is some kind of awesome all the way around. Sure wouldn't be appealing to repurchase those APKs all over again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn