One month in, you've stuck it out, what's your favorite Pixel 4/4XL feature?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, a little more than a month since release date. I was lucky enough to get mine on that day but I know there was a steady stream of phones hitting doorsteps since then. We've weathered all the negative reviews and I assume most of us have settled into daily life with our 4/4XL.

Now we are on the cusp of the next wave of new owners thanks to Black Friday.

Simple question: What's your single favorite thing about your Pixel 4/4XL?

I had to think about this because I like a lot about it and the interesting thing is I would not have said this the week I got it. I was still mourning the fingerprint sensor. My favorite feature is face unlock. There have been so many times it has been so handy! For example, leaning over the phone on the teacher's station at work, not having to pick it up.

Now don't cheat - you have to pick just one. Beyond that, all up to your interpretation.

Oh, that smooth display...... oops, I am cheating.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Well tough to say since I've had every XL pixel, the differences between this and the 3XL aren't huge but you are right Face Unlock would be the one I use most frequently.
It works very good. Not perfect, probably 85-90% of time, but the fingerprint sensor wasn't 100% either

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If I had to pick one feature it would be face unlock. I really don't believe that it has failed on me yet. As I was reading your comment I was trying to remember having an issue and I really don't think I have. The biggest complaint is that not all apps support it at this point, but since I use Last Pass, that is a non issue for me. Last Pass does support it so I have yet to have to type in a password or code for any apps or websites.

I don't consider it a feature, but my overall favorite thing about the 4 XL is just the experience. I just really enjoy using the phone. I think it is really amazing to have both the Note 10+ and the Pixel 4 XL with two different takes on Android and yet both are really great experiences. If I had to pick only one, I don't know what I would do. I have always chosen the Note over all others and probably would again, but the Pixel 4 makes it a tough choice this year. My opinion is obviously different than most of what you read out there. Oh well...

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Coming from the P2xl, hands down (and the main reason for upgrading) it's the greatly improved camera zoom. To be able to zoom 8X and still get a nice shot is huge for me. The better quality screen, smooth display, more RAM, and face unlock are all nice features but if the P4 didn't have that awesome zoom I just would have stuck with my P2 for another year.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the P2xl, hands down (and the main reason for upgrading) it's the greatly improved camera zoom. To be able to zoom 8X and still get a nice shot is huge for me. The better quality screen, smooth display, more RAM, and face unlock are all nice features but if the P4 didn't have that awesome zoom I just would have stuck with my P2 for another year.

I've been waiting for and wanting better zoom for a long time also. Very happy it's finally here.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I came from the 2XL and my favourite feature is wireless charging. I find face unlock good but often doesn't work for me. Sometimes it doesn't activate unless I click the power button (yes all options are set to on in settings) and sometimes it says it can't recognise me. But overall I enjoy using my new phone. And the zoom is great.