One plus one crashing

EddieMD

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, brand new to this forum....Looks great though. I just my other half a one plus one last month and it's great. The OS makes it so much more adaptable. Recently it's started crashing more and more for no apparent reason. Some apps just crash as soon as you try to open them. The phone has even crashed on occasion.im not exactly overly familiar with Cynog en OS as such but I'm glad I came across this forum. Anybody help with some straight forward advice. I'll probably be passing this on to her so I REALLY need it simple. .. ....thanks

Gamexplode

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi EddieMD,

I think, CyanogenOS is really not stable or compatible with OP1. That's why they created OxygenOS which is crafted in house by OP team for their phones.

So, I suggest you flash OP1 with new the OxygenOS. :)

For me, after I received my OP1, I flashed it immediately with MIUI and it's really working 100% flawlessly with OP1.

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of the office yesterday as my oldest had some surgery done on her shoulder. Contrary to what the first responder said, CyangogenOS used to come stock on the device, and was written for the Bacon. I am not sure what they are talking about there.

What kind of crashes are you seeing? Please be as specific as possible as to what is happening: IE what you are doing on the phone when the crash happens, any error messages etc.

EddieMD

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey Cyngn Ray

My turn to apologise for not getting back now. It's my girlfriends phone and I usually only get to know it's crashed when she calls in frustration. She tends to message a lot on it, whattsapp though she uses the functions and apps so much more than me. This is why I bought her thus phone for its potential fuctionality and customisation. Far as I can make out there's no pattern to it crashing but for some reason it's been ok for the past couple weeks. She does have the issue of a message saying that some processes have stopped and can't open her messages. I get her to clear the cache and it's ok gor a while.
Are there any new updates due and fo you think she should stick with this OS or change? Like I said earlier rooting is new to me but something I'd love to know how to do and so much more bout it.

Cyngn Ray

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
No worries Eddie! I know life can get busy. My mantra is that if ain't broke, don't fix it in cases like these. In my experience, if you are flashing a phone for a loved one you could be walking into some frustration. While those of us who flash custom ROM's for personal use can navigate when things go wrong, less technically savvy family members may not be able to. I would sit right where you are unless there is something that needs fixed badly.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
No worries Eddie! I know life can get busy. My mantra is that if ain't broke, don't fix it in cases like these. In my experience, if you are flashing a phone for a loved one you could be walking into some frustration. While those of us who flash custom ROM's for personal use can navigate when things go wrong, less technically savvy family members may not be able to. I would sit right where you are unless there is something that needs fixed badly.
Hey Cyngn Ray, I hope your kid is recovering okay from the surgery. We all have families and worry when these things happen.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

badrsj

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ray
Hope your child's recovering well.
Just wanted to ask if you're an enthusiast like myself or have an official relationship with cyanogen.
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

rafi14

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I was updating my OnePlus one to the newest software and everything was going fine. While updating i went out off wifi reach so it had to stop downloading and my phone shut off. i have tried everything to turn it back on and noting works. It turns on and stays on the booting up screen and thats about it. i have drained out the power and tried again and again but nothing works. i even wiped out all of the data on it while it still can go to the recovery screen. PLEASE HELP!!

Cyngn Ray

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, you don't have to say PLEASE HELP it's what we do.

Need some more info: Are you running COS or CM? It is NEVER a good idea to go anywhere when the device is updating. You shouldn't take an update until you know you can stay put for a bit and let it finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynns0416