One-touch calling from home screen stopped working

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I found it very helpful to call a few of my contacts with one touch on my home screen. That has stopped working. Preliminary search on this issue led to suggested apps on Google Play, but even those don't work the same. It's frustrating because I call these people frequently, and if I put a direct dial link on my home screen, I expect it to dial, not to bring up a screen where I have to select whether I want it to dial or not. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have added them to the home screen - especially when given the option to add contact, messaging, or direct dial. Meaningless. Does anyone know if there's a workaround or solution for this issue? Thanks in advance. I'm using Nougat on LG Stylo 3 Plus.

~ Summarah

Summarah

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-12-29-12-28-18.jpg
    Capture+_2018-12-29-12-28-18.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, that's not how it should work. What happens if you remove the Direct Dial widgets you already have on the homescreen, and then add them back again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any contacts that don't support video calling? If so, what happens if you create a Direct Dial widget for them? I'm wondering if the phone is waiting for you to select voice call vs. video call.