One UI 6 closer to stock Android and Google Pixels

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll believe it when it happens.

Hopefully they don't take too much of a cue from the Pixel. Peopl fetishise it, but parts of it's UI are genuinely significantly worse than Samsung's in my opinion. That said, OneUI definitely needs a visual update... those gradiated signal indicators are very 20th century.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
...OneUI definitely needs a visual update... those gradiated signal indicators are very 20th century.

Just curious, but what "gradiated signal indicators" are you taking about?

I've used a Samsung since 2017 but I don't know what that means.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, but what "gradiated signal indicators" are you taking about?

I've used a Samsung since 2017 but I don't know what that means.
The signal strength indicators on the right of the notification bar that indicate WiFi and mobile signal strength. On a Samsung they are made up of a series of lines whereas on A pixel they are a solid block. The former looks incredibly dated in my opinion.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The signal strength indicators on the right of the notification bar that indicate WiFi and mobile signal strength. On a Samsung they are made up of a series of lines whereas on A pixel they are a solid block. The former looks incredibly dated in my opinion.
Oh, I get what you mean.

Honestly, I never cared for that look when Google started using that style with Android 5. But thats just me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I get what you mean.

Honestly, I never cared for that look when Google started using that style with Android 5. But thats just me.
Yeah, it's totally a personal preference thing. It bugs me though lol.

IU'd be happy if there was an option to modify this kind of stuff in a goodlock module. I used to use hex installer to do it, but honestly I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops for such an admittedly minor thing.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's totally a personal preference thing. It bugs me though lol.

IU'd be happy if there was an option to modify this kind of stuff in a goodlock module. I used to use hex installer to do it, but honestly I can't be bothered to jump through the hoops for such an admittedly minor thing.
I agree the option should be there.

There should be a lot more available options for a lot of things that just get changed over time.

As much as android is customizable, there's always a little bit more that could be.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I think One UI is far more exciting (and less buggy) than Pixel firmware, but the Pixel still has some things that I'm jealous over...

1. MEP (i.e. more than one eSIM active at the same time)
2. Individual default SIM toggles for Calls, SMS, and Data. (Samsung took out this feature about 2-3 years back, for some reason...)
3. Worldwide Beta program for new Android versions.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think One UI is far more exciting (and less buggy) than Pixel firmware, but the Pixel still has some things that I'm jealous over...

1. MEP (i.e. more than one eSIM active at the same time)
2. Individual default SIM toggles for Calls, SMS, and Data. (Samsung took out this feature about 2-3 years back, for some reason...)
3. Worldwide Beta program for new Android versions.
Do you mean these toggles, or something else? If it's these then they are still there.
9ff0a820e1470b56d65c2220aba308f7.jpg

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I would love to write one up unfortunately I don't have a Samsung phone in possession right now due to issue with my S23U ..I will see where I can dig up some information
With the installation method for hex being moderately complex for most people and changing slightly every few months, I would encourage you to NOT do this for your own mental health lol.

Reactions: waqqas31

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
With the installation method for hex being moderately complex for most people and changing slightly every few months, I would encourage you to NOT do this for your own mental health lol.
Haha ..it's really not hard at all tbh ..I'm sure I can find a good tutorial around online ...I've used it on many prior phones without hiccups

Reactions: waqqas31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali