One UI 6 closer to stock Android and Google Pixels

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Haha ..it's really not hard at all tbh ..I'm sure I can find a good tutorial around online ...I've used it on many prior phones without hiccups
Yeah I agree it's not that hard if you're a little savvy, it's not writing a guide that I think you should be concerned about. It's the fact that if you write a guide you kinda have to take ownership of all the people that come across it not knowing what they are doing and screw their phone up. I'd just point people to hex installer and if theyy are not technical enough to get it working on their own with the built in instructions, they probably shouldn't be using it anyway.

As an aside, my use of hex is why I'm sure Samsung could easily do status bar and quick panel theming through goodlock.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I agree it's not that hard if you're a little savvy, it's not writing a guide that I think you should be concerned about. It's the fact that if you write a guide you kinda have to take ownership of all the people that come across it not knowing what they are doing and screw their phone up. I'd just point people to hex installer and if theyy are not technical enough to get it working on their own with the built in instructions, they probably shouldn't be using it anyway.

As an aside, my use of hex is why I'm sure Samsung could easily do status bar and quick panel theming through goodlock.
Agree, I think earlier on Good Lock had that option where you change the status menu at the top solid like on the pixels

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree hex can be a bit of a handful and not for everyone to try. I have been frustrated myself on a few occasions (and it is annoying that you need to redo Shizuku after every reboot!) but worth it, at least for me. Can't stand the drab default statusbar icons in particular. One of the things I miss about custom roms!! Having a module on Good Lock would be great!!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree hex can be a bit of a handful and not for everyone to try. I have been frustrated myself on a few occasions (and it is annoying that you need to redo Shizuku after every reboot!) but worth it, at least for me. Can't stand the drab default statusbar icons in particular. One of the things I miss about custom roms!! Having a module on Good Lock would be great!!
I do love hex and think anyone who isn't intimidated by a bit of tinkering should give it a go. What kills it for me is my own laziness lol. System updates are just too frequent these days for me to bother.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d