One Week with Palm Phone on T-Mobile

RSCOLO

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
It has now been a week. Bottom line, I still like the phone. I am a fairly minimalist cell phone user. My other phone is the smallest Samsung phone in recent years, the G-6 Edge. But it was still too big and heavy for me.

When I received my new phone I went to T-Mobile and signed up for Digits so that I could have both phones on the same number. Issue number one was I couldn't make any outgoing phone calls using the Android phone app. It turns out I needed to use the Digits app. Since it works the same and uses my Android contacts all was good. Next I had to learn how to customize my new phone. Most everything went well. I turned off auto app updating to save battery. I tried to turn off location but then couldn't make phone calls. I'm still not sure why this is the case. It took my a while to learn how to add some Widgets for one-touch dialing my most frequent numbers.

The biggest issues that everyone talks about have not been a problem for me. The battery seems to last a long time: 1 1/2 to 2 days. This is even with location turned on. Please note that I mostly make and receive phone calls and not very many of them. I also get and receive some texts, including some images. One very nice battery positive is the phone charges from very low to full in less than an hour. Everything on the phone is small, including texts. But I am used to having to use my glasses for texts. I did make everything as large as possible. There is also a magnifier under Accessibility that helps some as well. I have not found any reception issues yet. The phone is a bit slippery so I bought a thin slightly-sticky plastic case that doesn't add much of anything to the size and weight. I figured at about $10 on Amazon I could try it for a while and just toss it if I didn't like it. So far, so good. I also had to buy a few little converters from the old-USB to the new Type-C that the phone uses. I have never used much of my phones storage so the space on this phone is not an issue for me.

In fact, I only have one issue so far and it is very minor. I wish I could change the start/lock screen from the strange clock to a more traditional clock. It just doesn't look right to me. But I can read it so it isn't a big issue. Over time I will use Google Maps to find my way in an unfamiliar city. I don't use my phone for car navigation; I have a GPS for that. Then I may find I have to be more regular about charging my new phone when ever I get the chance. But for now I really like the small size and weight to be great and with some adapting I am finding the phone to be very usable. I do want to make sure the new phone work as easily in other countries as my old T-Mobile one does. That is one of the best features of T-Mobile. Once I have tested all the issues I need I may even ditch my old 6 Edge.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to hear positive comments and see how a user is enjoying their new tech. I'm glad you're liking it. Your positive comments may help other users to see the value in the device.