One X official battery thread.

Valter.VX

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
on a normal use, not always connected to wi-fi (1 to 2 hours a day) and another 1 to 2 hours a day on mobile data, using it on low screen light (which is more than enough) and using it for normal stuff (text, calls, browsing, emails, etc) i'm getting about 2 days to 2 days and a half. now, if i play a game, that's a tottaly different story.. battery goes down in a couple of hours.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
OK. I've got a post going up on the blog Wednesday, but you guys get a sneak peak.

Phil, with wifi at 10% (in every screen shot) you must not be doing much out of the house stuff correct? My battery life is always far better on the weekends becuase I am around the house much more and always on wifi. Network data generally paints a much different picture.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Those screen shots are looking good Phil.
If they could now come up with a more efficient screen, this phone could last a week.

Do you put the battery life down to the sleep mode efficiency or something else?
Sometimes I put my phone down and when i pick it up 2 hours later, I haven't lost a single %.

I wake up. I use the phone. I plug it in when I go to bed.

The last thing I want to do (and have time for) is have to actively manage the battery.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, with wifi at 10% (in every screen shot) you must not be doing much out of the house stuff correct? My battery life is always far better on the weekends becuase I am around the house much more and always on wifi. Network data generally paints a much different picture.

Right. And as you'll read in the post sometime today, remember that I've got the Euro version of the One X on AT&T. So I bet things will change a little once we get the official AT&T release. (Including, of course, the chipset.)

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Right. And as you'll read in the post sometime today, remember that I've got the Euro version of the One X on AT&T. So I bet things will change a little once we get the official AT&T release. (Including, of course, the chipset.)

Yeah, when you get the LTE version and leave WIFI I imagine battery will be much less. On a typical saturday, when Im on Wifi most of the time, I will get around 3.5% an hour discharge at the end of the day. You are running about 5.5% an hour (on average). Even with the European version, I would expect you would be loosing 7% an hour on HSPA+ instead of wifi. Not quite as impressive.

Valdeck

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, when you get the LTE version and leave WIFI I imagine battery will be much less. On a typical saturday, when Im on Wifi most of the time, I will get around 3.5% an hour discharge at the end of the day. You are running about 5.5% an hour (on average). Even with the European version, I would expect you would be loosing 7% an hour on HSPA+ instead of wifi. Not quite as impressive.

I know this might not totally apply since it is based off of another phone but with my Nexus I regularly get 20+ hours on one battery and I almost never use wifi (even when I am at home). I will admit I have done modding to my nexus as that was the reason I bought the phone but with enough optimization there is no reason you could not expect the same out of the battery in the HTC One X. True LTE will cause more drain but hopefully you could turn it off and with it being integrated into the chip set and with the S4 being 28 nm and more efficient hopefully the hit to battery life will not be to terrible.

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have seen people getting over 4 hours screen life. Had the phone a week and I have managed this once, think I got just over 4hrs once but battery was at like 3%.

Disabled 3G (changed to 2G) and running at around 30% brightness makes no difference.

When I first got the phone, I charged it up while off until the light turned green. Worried that might have something to do with it.

Running the battery down to zero and then doing a full charge, hasn't made any difference.

Got nothing set to sync in the background neither.

Fearing i've got a bad battery.

RocknTroll

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there is an immediate reboot button sequence you can depress to get out of freezes, for the One X, yes>?

Not sure, and neither is HTC support apparently. Ask and they'll tell you to "remove the battery from the device and let it sit for five minutes before reinserting".

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, and neither is HTC support apparently. Ask and they'll tell you to "remove the battery from the device and let it sit for five minutes before reinserting".

Sleep button held down with volume up, keep holding and you will see the soft keys start to flash, keep holding and then it will reboot.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Done my first overnight charge and ran it all day as normal.
Screen seems to be the battery hog right now but its more using what's app that is causing the screen to be on.

Do you guys think the LCD screens aren't as efficient as the amoled screens?

Haven't read the other responses bekow... But amoled screens are way more efficient because they actually turn off pixels when the screen is black... LCD's are always on and therefore use more power...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

texinwien

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't read the other responses bekow... But amoled screens are way more efficient because they actually turn off pixels when the screen is black... LCD's are always on and therefore use more power...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

That's an oversimplification. It's true that a black pixel on an LCD draws power while a black pixel on an LED (or AMOLED, super AMOLED) doesn't. But that's only half of the story. The LED uses up to 3 times more power than an LCD to power a white pixel.

So, if you just want to show a 100% black screen at all times, the LED will use much less power than the LCD. If you just want to show a white screen at all times, the LCD will use less power. In actual use, you're going to be showing a range of colors on your screen, and it seems that LCD often comes out on top of LED in terms of power consumption when tested under real-world use.

This article from 2010 has the numbers, as well as a lot of other interesting facts when comparing LCD to LED screens: Smartphone Displays - AMOLED vs LCD page2

BTW: Just picked up my One X at the local T-Mobile store here in Austria. It's charging now, and I'm impatiently waiting for the charge indicator to turn from red to green. Shame they can't figure out a way to deliver these things pre-charged. The waiting is killing me.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's me but with battery life getting better and better with cell phones, I don't get all this "conditioning of the battery."

Chances are extremely high when you get a new phone, it may already have 50% charge on the battery. Like little kids, the first thing we want to do is play with our new toy. Since we all use our phones differently, whose to say what great battery life should be?

Someone mentioned Temple Run.....love that game. My son just broke 10M. Anyway, for me playing TR all day, it doesn't put a huge dent in my battery.

Sent from my rooted WHITE E4GT via TapaTalk

m13kyf

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
just read this on XDA Developers forum so improvements possible

Lee!!!!

Ive found out where the missing power management options has gone wrong

For some reason HTC misplaced the .apk and put it in /system/bin instead of system/app

You will find it /system/bin/NvCPLSvc.apk and it needs moving to system/app.

For users who already have LeeDroiD installed, use a file manager with root access and move NvCPLSvc.apk from/system/bin to system/app and reboot.

Possible reason for poor battery life - xda-developers

Aashish Kochar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
can someone tel me bout the battery calibration..?
I bought one x plus yestday...
first boot had 30% charge, i drained it till 2 % and then made a full charge till 100%.. now following the below tips religiously..
not allowing battery drop below 20%,
will make a full charge of 100% whenever connected to power supplier...