Oneplus 8/ Oneplus 8T

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello all. I currently have the galaxy note 9. I like so far everything that the oneplus 8 and the 8T have to offer. Especially for the price. I have never had a Oneplus device before though.

One thing that I don't get.. why don't they include room for expandable storage?

I am currently on T-Mobile. I would like to go with one of the two devices in the future. Which one would you go with, the the 8 or the 8T? I definitely like the price point of 599 for the 8. But the 8T has the 65 watt warp charging... sick!

nikholaspappas

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I currently have the galaxy note 9. I like so far everything that the oneplus 8 and the 8T have to offer. Especially for the price. I have never had a Oneplus device before though.

One thing that I don't get.. why don't they include room for expandable storage?

I am currently on T-Mobile. I would like to go with one of the two devices in the future. Which one would you go with, the the 8 or the 8T? I definitely like the price point of 599 for the 8. But the 8T has the 65 watt warp charging... sick!

OnePlus always leaves somethings out to cut cost.

If you feel you will need expandable storage, it probably is not the device for you. I personally have never come close to the storage limits so I am happy with OnePlus

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm not worried about apps and such. I use the expandable storage for pictures. I usually take lots of pictures of my son and usually have over time like several thousand. It's much easier when I have to reset my phone to just transfer the media to my pc this way. Without a micro sd card, I'm not really sure what to do with my pictures.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you made a purchasing decision yet, OP? OnePlus is a pretty phenomenal device, and Oxygen OS is pretty stellar. I've heard so many wonderful things about it - I want to try it out one day, myself! I've also heard pretty nifty things about Warp Charge.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Go for the american OnePlus 8 Pro model IN2025 , it's a stunner. Battery and performance. Wait for a deal on Black Friday .

Oneplus pro isn't an option I am considering. It's not available for my carrier. And as far as I know, aren't most unlocked versions of Oneplus phones not IP rated? Or is that different with the Pro? Regardless, unlocked is not a route I will go.

Have you made a purchasing decision yet, OP? OnePlus is a pretty phenomenal device, and Oxygen OS is pretty stellar. I've heard so many wonderful things about it - I want to try it out one day, myself! I've also heard pretty nifty things about Warp Charge.

Nope! Haven't yet! The thing that has thrown me off is the lack of expandable memory. Have no idea what I would do with all my pictures.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked up 8T from 6T. Absolutely love it. The switch app moved over all my pictures and screenshots. Probably around 500 and still have 225 GB space left.

Phone battery life is great. Screen is great. I don't have a complaint so far. I am a fairly light user but don't see any issues with this being a 2-3 day battery.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Oneplus pro isn't an option I am considering. It's not available for my carrier. And as far as I know, aren't most unlocked versions of Oneplus phones not IP rated? Or is that different with the Pro? Regardless, unlocked is not a route I will go.

Nope! Haven't yet! The thing that has thrown me off is the lack of expandable memory. Have no idea what I would do with all my pictures.

That is definitely a concern! Having that expandable storage option is always a good idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke