Oops, Flagship killed... again!!! (yet another speed test - opening multiple apps one after the other)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Oops, Flagship killed... again!!!

Man, I wish I could adequately put into words how stupid speedtests are.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Well well well, look what we've got here. Good lord, guess samsung finally fixed their ram management issues afterall?

*inb4 the forum goes into a complete meltdown....Again* lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FwLj_...YXh5IG5vdGUgNw==&hl=en&gl=NL&client=mv-google
So just to make sure I understand...

If I want to open 15 apps (some of which i don't use) in succession, then open them again, I can save 50 seconds? Great.

However, in order to save 50 seconds on something I would never do, I have to stare at a smaller 1080p screen on a phone with a smaller battery, with a worse camera and no S Pen?

Seems like pretty big concessions to save 50 seconds.

I'll keep my Note 7 preorder.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

This!

I have never said to myself "gee i wish that would have opened 1 second faster"

The speed isn't the deciding factor for me, esp when most flagships are plenty fast. What matters to me is the entire package.

Just my opinion.. Yours may vary.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

So just to make sure I understand...

If I want to open 15 apps (some of which i don't use) in succession, then open them again, I can save 50 seconds? Great.

However, in order to save 50 seconds on something I would never do, I have to stare at a smaller 1080p screen on a phone with a smaller battery, with a worse camera and no S Pen?

Seems like pretty big concessions to save 50 seconds.

I'll keep my Note 7 preorder.
There are way more concessions than just that :p. Example, over half of the US customers can't use the OP3 because of lack of carrier support, best display vs bad display, etc, etc. The OP3 is a non starter for people who want a true flagship. But for $400 it's still a really great device and value - I'm glad to see it hold its own in some of these performance tests, useless as they are.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

This!

I have never said to myself "gee i wish that would have opened 1 second faster"

The speed isn't the deciding factor for me, esp when most flagships are plenty fast. What matters to me is the entire package.

Just my opinion.. Yours may vary.

I can either save seconds opening apps here and there by buying phones based on fake laboratory testing, or I can save hundreds of seconds by not watching this idiotic video that was linked.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I can either save seconds opening apps here and there by buying phones based on fake laboratory testing, or I can save hundreds of seconds by not watching this idiotic video that was linked.

Need a hug? :)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I actually thought the Note 7 held its own considering it's feature set blows away just about every other device.

Too bad no one actually buy One Plus lol

zacklm23

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

Wow this speed test was so helpful cause I myself switch apps every 5 seconds like that too. Switched about 8 apps before fully sending this message. So glad we get these real world tests. *sarcasm*

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I would have loved to see this test during One Plus pretty release software before the update that fixed the RAM issues.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I agree with the person who said that I've never thought to myself, man, I'd be happy with this phone if that app just opened one second faster.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This is silly.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Oops, Flagship killed... again!!!

People that do these tests and those that buy into them apparently have no appreciation for the regressive cache design and framework of Android. The same people (no offense) also think there will be a significant difference going from 4gb to 6gb ram.

BTW, the OPs history appears heavy on the bait posts.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note, I edited the thread title to clarify what is being discussed

I don't think it's accurate still. Just title it "please delete". I usually skip over these useless threads, but it's still just mind boggling. I was expecting to see something that make my mind go numb watching it. To the creator of this video, do us all a favor and review something else. Like gym socks perhaps?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Just totally busted out laughing. Between this and the Tmobile ordering thread, I’ve been laughing all night...