Oppo A54s phone - latest operating system available?

Connar the wuff

Oct 28, 2022
Visit site
My Oppo A54s phone currently shows it has Android 12 as its operating system. I want to download the UK`s Trainline app onto it, but I get a message saying my phone must have either ios 13.4 and above, or Lollipop on Android.
I keep seeing messages that Lollipop is no longer supported, so if I try to download it on my phone will it work ok or screw up anything?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The requirement is for Lollipop or above, so it's not an issue with the Android version your phone has.

It could be some other compatibility issue (i.e., with the phone's hardware or firmware). Where are you trying to install from, the Play Store or somewhere else?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Your Oppo A54s is more than capable to install and use that Trainline app. Don't worry about it, just use the app as is.
Think it through, there's no reason why it won't -- your phone is running Android 12 (released last year, 2021), that app continues support for phones running as old as Lollipop (version 5.x, released back in 2014) up to current versions.
https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_a54s-11144.php
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.thetrainline&hl=en_US&gl=US&token=oCrm2Gl1
Hat tip goes to the Trainline app developers for making sure their app continues to work with such a wide array of phones for such a long time span.
I hope you find it useful.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
iOS 13.4? That's an iphone OS

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

OP was saying that the message was about both iOS and Android requirements. For whatever reason, it sounds like there's some warning message about what iOS and Android versions the app requires. It doesn't quite make sense that a message like that would show up on an Android device, which is why I was asking what source they're using to install from.

Connar the wuff

Oct 28, 2022
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your kind and quick replies. I will download the Trainline app as from your replies it sounds like there should be no problem.
The message I was reading mentioning the requirements for both Android and Iphone systems appears on the Trainline website under the "buy a digital railcard" section, (not on my phone itself) so it was the Lollipop part of the message that was worrying me!
Thanks again.........

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah, thanks for the clarification! Remember, those are always going to be minimum requirements, so as long as your Android version is above the minimum requirement, everything should be fine.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OP was saying that the message was about both iOS and Android requirements. For whatever reason, it sounds like there's some warning message about what iOS and Android versions the app requires. It doesn't quite make sense that a message like that would show up on an Android device, which is why I was asking what source they're using to install from.
Yeah just seen OP response

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Ive been using that app most days for several years.

Ir has it's annoyances, but generally works OK. It sounds like the OP has used it in the past anyhow.

As well as opting for an online /QR ticket, it recently allows third party rail card annual discount cards to be added.

Any queries let me know.

The number of times I've had to run out of a transfer / end of London zones station to collect an onward ticket from a machine because it decided "No, you can't buy an online ticket THIS time because we want to annoy you" is no joke .. but hey ho....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie