Optimus V doesn't recognize PC

74shoreline

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got one of those annoying new 2.2.2 phones as a replacement about a week ago. When I got it, I tried to root the phone using SuperOneClick, to no avail. After a couple of days, I tired again. Only to find that the usb logo nor usb debugging turned on, it only says it's charging. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple versions of drivers for the OV and still nothing. So, I decided to take a look at my devices and saw that the phone was connected. What shows up is: LG Mobile Phone, LG Mobile (Modem), LG Mobile (Serial) , and LG Mobile (NMEA). Why is the computer recognizing the phone and not vice versa? I've tried two different computers, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers on both, still nothing. I haven't had the oppourtunity to use someone elses USB cable but, I don't think I need one as the computer obviously recognizes the phone. I was reading on the LG forums that it could be a bad usb port or I might need to do a master reset. I'm not trying to go through the hassle of getting the phone repaired or going through a reset like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Rooted using Gingerbreak
Stock ROM
V5
SU and Busybox installed

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Could it be that the cable you are using is bad? Is it the cable that came with the phone? If it isn't, is it possible that the cable is just for charging and not a data cable? (I'm only asking as I ran into this with a different phone and thought I was using a data cable but it ended up to just be a charging cable.)

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've found that my computer will only recognize my OV if I plug it in a certain way for specific programs. Like for QPST to recognize it, I have to plug it in while it's on, then shut it off. I'd just keep trying. Took me awhile to get the right set of everything I needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte