Optimus V Fully Stock

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have the the new screen you can't us that I file though I believe. I have a ROM for the new screen if you need it (auto rotate doesn't work though... Still trying to figure that out :/).

But those instructions are indeed right.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeahh, I'm trying to find a good way to do it since the 2.3 update came out for the Optimus S recently. But I'm afraid if I follow this method, when I do the SW update, it won't work. So I'm very unsure. :-\

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Which means we can make a custom rom out of it?

Possibly. Considering Jerry is already working on porting the GB update from the OS, it wouldn't take much I would think to make an OV ROM based off when/if it gets GB. Whether that is just a simple nandroid backup or not, I dunno.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This is all confusing to me, lol.
:p

Right now there's two opinions. The optimus v won't get gingerbread at all, even though the optimus s has it, OR the optimus v will get gingerbread but it won't come as an over-the-air (OTA) update meaning the only way to get it would be to go our and buy a new optimus v at that time.

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Any idea where we can get a stock image for new screen where auto rotate works?

Edit:
Answered my own question. This rom works. For people with the same issue it has support for the new screen. If you have issues with auto rotate, enable and disable it.

Last edited:

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes that method will work. But use that rom I posted if you bought your device in or after August 2011 or its a refurb. if you don't use the new rom (For example if you device is newer and you use the old rom) You will get a black screen on restart.

Ok, so first things first.When did you buy your device?

Do you have a custom recovery installed?

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my recommendation is to ensure you can access recovery without issue, backup you're current ROM, flash the stock ROM, and see if it is a blank screen... If not, flash the stock recovery... If it is blank, restore you're backup...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes that method will work. But use that rom I posted if you bought your device in or after August 2011 or its a refurb. if you don't use the new rom (For example if you device is newer and you use the old rom) You will get a black screen on restart.

Ok, so first things first.When did you buy your device?

Do you have a custom recovery installed?

Somewhat off-topic but I bought my phone in late August 2011 (08/19 to be exact, I looked it up because of Best Buy's 30-day price guarantee...now that they're on sale at $99 I missed the guarantee by just a couple days :( )

But it has the older screen because I can boot up any ROM without problems, and I used CWM, Xionia CWMA, and IHO Recovery (with the ROMs: Bumblebee 2.4, Harmonia (1.3, 1.5e, 1.6/1.6.1c, 2.0-IHO version), MIUIHO (miui IHO ROM/theme).

So maybe it's still hit and miss in terms of people who got it in August

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Somewhat off-topic but I bought my phone in late August 2011 (08/19 to be exact, I looked it up because of Best Buy's 30-day price guarantee...now that they're on sale at $99 I missed the guarantee by just a couple days :( )

But it has the older screen because I can boot up any ROM without problems, and I used CWM, Xionia CWMA, and IHO Recovery (with the ROMs: Bumblebee 2.4, Harmonia (1.3, 1.5e, 1.6/1.6.1c, 2.0-IHO version), MIUIHO (miui IHO ROM/theme).

So maybe it's still hit and miss in terms of people who got it in August
still slightly off topic, but slightly on since stock functionality changes over time...
I'll bet you have fastboot enabled, where my new greener-screened OV does not. Unless your firmware is ZV5, in which case I'll wager you don't have fastboot regardless of screen type.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone around Aprill 2011. And I've used all the roms that's in the Wiki rom list for the Optimus V. Ugghh, it says with Google on the back, Idk if that matters. And I'm using the ThunderC recovery or whatever it called. I used to when I first installed Cyanogenmod.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The one on the wiki, asadullah says it has some tweaks to it. The one on the website I posted I tried, and it works. So as far as this goes, stock rom, flash stock recovery, and the results are basically fully stock? Btw, thanks for you guyz support. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarvice