Question Order of navigation bar buttons

Haribo12369

Oct 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi,
I have just bought Moto Edge 30 Ultra with Android 12. I use 3-button navigation bar, but in different order than the Moto has by default. I watched dozens of videos, all point to two directions:
settings -> system -> gestures (see below picture, it's missing the setting cog icon)
settings -> display -> navigation bar -> this is missing completely under display actually on those videos it's completely different to what I'm seeing

So the question is in case Moto is due to any wicked reason forcing users to only one default order of 3buttons, is there perhaps any 3rd party app that could help resolve the problem? Appreciate all the help

Capture.JPG

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I don't have your exact phone model, but this is taken from a Moto:
1696622555727.png

The lack of cog has nothing to do with button ordering; it's simply an on/off selection for "Hold Home for Assistant." That is, long-pressing the center 'Home' button will activate Google Assistant (or whatever assistant app you have configured), yes/no.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Haribo12369

Oct 6, 2023
Visit site
thanks, that google assistant pointed me to 3rd party app Navigation Bar which is unfortunately full of ads. I would appreciate ad-free app or a way how to resolve this missing feature within android itself

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Be aware that "vanilla" Android does not include any way to arrange the nav buttons. Phones that include this option have a modified user interface from the manufacturer.

Does that Navigation Bar for Android app have an option to pay for ad removal? I always feel this is worthwhile, especially for a well-designed and useful app. Devs need to make a living, and I'm very happy to support them for apps I use often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174