Oreo 8.1 preferred network type setting (AT&T)

acfan

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Which is the best setting for maximizing connectivity with AT&T?

• 4G/LTE
  • LTE
  • LTE/CDMA

Thanks!

Last edited:

acfan

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I noticed my phone is on roaming ("R" next to signal bars) non-stop since switching to Oreo and 4G/LTE setting. Is this normal?

screencap.jpg

Last edited:

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got my PH-1 and using it on AT&T, as a phone, communication device, this phone is horrible, worst phone reception I've had on a phone in 8 years. Absolutely no signal indoors, and even when talking on it outside, because that's the only place it works, even then I'm sitting at an average - 115db, people tell me they can't make out what I'm saying, static, garbled sounding, text messages only come through about 20% of the time, phone doesn't ring when I call it, goes to voice mail, I tried every known AT&T APN, tried a new SIM card, but if I put my SIM card in any of my other non AT&T unlocked phones it works fine in my home, at work, in the basement of our building at work. Tried everything, factory reset, network settings reset, new SIM card. I like the phone nice build quality, nice software, current updates but it's useless as a communication device for phone calls and text messages.
Oh, also Essential support is about as useless as this phone is now. The phone was bought new/sealed but I, unfortunately, bought it from a retailer on eBay, not an individual but a small company with an eBay store, so I saved a little money buying it there instead of Amazon but I'm probably going to lose $75 in return shipping and restock fee. Lesson learned I guess.

Last edited:

Murrayallday27

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
Do the last person that posted If that same SIM card is working in other devices that are unlocked and they're working perfectly fine, then you have your answer it's issue with that specific phone. I do troubleshooting for another cellular Carrier and one step we would do is to make sure you try your SIM in another device and see if it works fine on sense yours does something is wrong with your phone either their configuration settings Or I'm not sure if it's device you brought with you to AT&T network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23