Verizon Galaxy S8 Oreo Installed - Pocket Dialing on the Rise!

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently received Oreo and amongst a host of issues with it so far, by far the biggest issue I seem to have is an increase in almost pocket dials. Thankfully I have my phone set to prompt Carrier or Google Voice or I might be calling all sorts of people.

I have had the phone set up for a while (not sure I have found said option on Oreo) but I had it set to stay dark in dark places (such as a pocket). Now every time I get (most) alerts I am seeing the lock screen display and if I pull the phone out of my pocket I see this as the same thing. So, while I am out working in the yard and such, it would seem the screen is coming on and I am getting slammed with the "how would you like to make the call" - and thank goodness for that.

Anyone else experiencing this issue since the update to Oreo?

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having that happen all the time, and not just pocket calls, I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and a random app will be open, somewhere deep in the menu tree. I keep a spreadsheet for shopping in Docs and it opened in my pocket and filled the spreadsheet with random numbers and letters. it seems impossible because I always turn off the screen before putting my phone on my pocket, I have the setting turned on that's supposed to disable my screen in a dark place, and I have a pin set...how on earth is my phone getting past the stinking pin IN MY POCKET???

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
If your phone isn't locked, put a lock on it.

If you do have a lock then check to see that you did not configure smartlock to keep the phone unlocked when at home/on a specific wifi/connected to a specific bluetooth device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton