ota 2.3.4 here

hawkins1973

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
well got up today and checked for updates and bam it was there downloaded it with no problems i was on 2.3.3 rooted with the oneclick did not do anything just updated and went smoothly only problem now is seems really laggy but im going to give it a day to settle then make a choice to keep it or try a new rom for the first time ever :cool:

hawkins1973

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
i dont think i lost root i still have the s/u app and it updated shortly after the 2.3.4 update but im not sure how to check like i said i am new to this root and rom stuff still have not tried a custom rom but it runs ok just laggy

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
i dont think i lost root i still have the s/u app and it updated shortly after the 2.3.4 update but im not sure how to check like i said i am new to this root and rom stuff still have not tried a custom rom but it runs ok just laggy

hm that's interesting... can you use any of your apps that need superuser permission?

hawkins1973

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
dont think i have any let me know of something to get from market and try and i will post the results i had just rooted a couple days ago and not really did anything else just scared to mess up my phone still not tried a custom rom

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
ok just tried wireless tether and busybox and they will not work so i geuss i will be rerooting when i get home:(

OK that's what I would expect lol
luckily rooting is super easy! And Before you start messing with custom ROMS and such make sure you can instal RSD lite on your computer that is basically your safty net I'd anything goes wrong. Also always back up your stuff lol other that flash away!

chronictacos

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted, and I tried downloading the OTA update. It downloaded fine 100% upon my phones restarting and the installation process it got to about 1/4 being done than stopped and showed a triangle with exclamation mark inside of it. ive tried resetting my phone taking out the batterys over and over. Im afraid of doing a factory reset and brick my phone, my friend who left for school had rooted my phone a few months back. Now i am trying to get the latest software update but my phone wont allow it. any idea on how to install the new update

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so, my app drawer feels smoother. Whoopie.

Music skips, sometimes I swear they are better, but, sometimes I swear they are still the same.

I seem to have reasonably better battery life. That's great.

But, it seems slower/choppier going between your different desktop pages now. I dunno how I feel about this update. It's been days now, and, I reset daily, and, I don't feel like it's getting any better, like some people said it would after it settled in. I mean, the improvements seem decent, but, this is kind of a drag. I had high hopes for this update, and, I feel like it let me down.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or, any other issues that I have to look forward to?

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Devinator have you tried wiping the cache on your phone? How about resetting battery stats? Both are always pretty wise to do after a major ROM update.

I had a pretty solid improvement in battery runtime (especially when in standby) after I recalibrated my battery.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Good idea, but, I just tried it. Didn't help. Maybe I just need to do a factory reset. I have felt like for a while that this day was coming. :'(

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not seen the OTA upgrade yet. I have been checking and it keeps saying no updatees. I want the upgrade hope to see it soon.

Jack