OTA Gingerbread!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I only want to have my main account linked with the market but every time i try to launch the market, it asks me to accept the agreement from my other email accounts. It is annoying. Anyone else having this problem? It used to work fine with froyo.

Unfortunately there is no know fix for this and yes it is a common problem (Phil and co have talked about it on the Podcast). It's an issue wight both Gingerbread and the newest versions of the market. The only thing you can really do is go to My Apps and the top of the screen shows what Google account you are using. It's also a drop down menu to switch to the others and anything installed under the others you can uninstall and then swap to the account you want and reinstall it but some of the included apps lie gmail will show up under all two or three Google accounts you have installed. I only have a CC number on file with one account so all paid apps are there and beyond that I just ignore it.

Hunts99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I got notified this morning, one stop update 87.something-or-other sized package. Took the chance...it installed, rebooted, restarted in under 15 minutes. So far so good on everything I tested. Makes/takes calls, texts, internet worked, so far no low memory... crossing fingers it stays this way.

Here's the numbers off the phone info:
Android version 2.3.4
Baseband version 2.15.10.07.07
Kernel version 2.6.35.13-g03546aa htc-kernel@and 18-2 #1 Friday Oct 7 10:52:52 CST 2011
Build number 4.08.605.2 CL 185897 release-keys
Software number 4.08.605.2
Browser version WebKit/533.1
PRI Version 1.28_002
PRL Version 52418
ERI Wersion 5
Here's to hopefully getting the update(s) soon.....tried the *#*# trick and nothing...still running 2.2...
Any other tricks to try to get the OTA pushed??

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's to hopefully getting the update(s) soon.....tried the *#*# trick and nothing...still running 2.2...
Any other tricks to try to get the OTA pushed??

Try resetting the phone date ahead a month or a year and then checking. That is what finally worked for me.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i am stuck on 2.2. never got the first update to 4.06. now i get 4.08 to download and then reboot with cache clear trick, but i get a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. It tries to install, but seems to get stuck there. What do i do now?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
i am stuck on 2.2. never got the first update to 4.06. now i get 4.08 to download and then reboot with cache clear trick, but i get a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. It tries to install, but seems to get stuck there. What do i do now?

On the triangle screen hold down the Vol Dow and Power again that should bring up a menu and you should be able to go into recovery from there.

brlinton

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I am getting an error
E: Faliure to verify signature
Abort
I am rooted with unrevoked but have the stock rom installed.
Any ideas?

Copy the update to your computer and uncompress it. Edit the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script file.

Remove the
assert(check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" ,
"22222222" , "33333333" , "44444444" , "55555555" , "66666666" ,
"77777777" , "88888888" , "99999999" , "SPCS_001") == "t");
);
line.

Recompress the file and copy to your device. Install the update.

Reactions: cnbecker9

Hunts99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Clearing the cache has helped some as well. It must be done from the recovery menu and you need to be careful or you may unintentionally do a factor data reset.

Not sure if this helped it, but I did clear the cache from the recover menu and did get the update notification last night. However, it would not install due to "not enough free space" or something similar to that verbaige. So I am back to square one again...argh!!! Who knew that the big update would be so hard to get :mad:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this helped it, but I did clear the cache from the recover menu and did get the update notification last night. However, it would not install due to "not enough free space" or something similar to that verbaige. So I am back to square one again...argh!!! Who knew that the big update would be so hard to get :mad:

Don't feel bad, many people are having problems with this update, Keep working at it and you will eventually get it. The only other thing I can suggest is a factory data reset. I know that sucks but sometimes that is the only way. I had to do that with my Fascinate.

derekj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
What is this "recovery menu" I see mentioned around here? I find no such thing on my phone (not with that name anyway). And what's with this "Hold the power button down, then press the "restart" option? There is no restart option. There is power off, silent mode, vibration mode, airplane mode, and mobile network". no Restart. I can power off and power on, but that doesn't do anything besides turn my phone off and on. And that "power button + volume up"?? Sure. Tried that. Does nothing - no matter how long I hold it down.

Really terrible user experience.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
What is this "recovery menu" I see mentioned around here? I find no such thing on my phone (not with that name anyway). And what's with this "Hold the power button down, then press the "restart" option? There is no restart option. There is power off, silent mode, vibration mode, airplane mode, and mobile network". no Restart. I can power off and power on, but that doesn't do anything besides turn my phone off and on. And that "power button + volume up"?? Sure. Tried that. Does nothing - no matter how long I hold it down.

Really terrible user experience.

Power off your phone. Hold the Vol down and then Power at the same time the phone will boot scree with a big triangle on it. Hold those two keys down again and it will revea l another menu that allows you to flash update files (ie OTA's that are downloaded manually or signed RUU's), do a factory data reset (erase everything on the phone), and wipe the cache partition. You need to be very careful in this menu because if you are not careful you can do the wrong thing and cause problems for your phone. It's not really meant for average users but is sometimes helpfull in cases like this.

derekj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
thanks. that allowed me to clear the system cache but I'm not sure why that matters. we'll see what happens. I have gotten the update pop up twice now, clicked "Yes" twice, and watched it say it was counting down to reboot. It counted down to zero and nothing happened. No reboot, no change of any kind. just keeps running with 2.2. So far, the "update" is not very impressive ;)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks. that allowed me to clear the system cache but I'm not sure why that matters. we'll see what happens. I have gotten the update pop up twice now, clicked "Yes" twice, and watched it say it was counting down to reboot. It counted down to zero and nothing happened. No reboot, no change of any kind. just keeps running with 2.2. So far, the "update" is not very impressive ;)

Try temporarily uninstalling some larger apps (Google Earth, some games, etc.) and see if that helps. The cache is a separate partition on the phone but it is also possible you just low on regular space too.

derekj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - I have tons of space on my phone, and moved all apps off the SD card. I will have to wait for the update pop up again (tried changing the date. useless) I can wait. I assume, if it has been this much trouble, that i will have plenty more trouble before this is done.

I work in software development and we would be out of business fast if we treated our customers this way. I shouldn't have to un-install anything. I shouldn't have to fake the date on the phone. I shouldn't have to write down a list of apps I have on the phone before the update. Even Microsoft is better than this. I can't even go to a Verizon web page to start the download process. Really pathetic.

dna550

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations!
Your phone has been updated
successfully to version

just now

Kernel Version

2.6.35.13-g03546aa
htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
Fri Oct 7 10:52:52 CST 2011

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine kept freezing at the reboot count down. The update was only 1 file now. I finally got mine to work by letting the update download then manually restarting the phone before clicking reboot and install.