OTA update now browser doesn't work.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
This is from your initial post...

WTF are you talking about??? You say you wish you could not install it. Then you say you would in your second post. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU INSTALL IT.

You don't have to accept the OTA or manually go and update if you wish you could not install it. You are making no sense and contradicting yourself. Why would you manually update if you hate all the updates??? What a fool.

Man you sure have some anger issues.

after paying 500 bucks for the device, I believe its within my right to be able to complain about an update that's screwing my device up. You seriously need some help bud. wow.... just wow....

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but responding to someone saying an update breaks their phone by saying "Well then don't install it!" is bull**** and full of fanboyism. Updates shouldn't break phone functionality, and if it did then he does have a right to complain.

Do you not get the point that he was wishing he didn't have to install the updates? That is what the response to. If you had read both posts that would be very evident.

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Man you sure have some anger issues.

after paying 500 bucks for the device, I believe its within my right to be able to complain about an update that's screwing my device up. You seriously need some help bud. wow.... just wow....

Nothing was ever said about you not having the right to complain? Don't make up another point once your original one has been shot down.

We were talking about whether or not you install the updates, remember??? Not whether or not you have the right to complain...speaking of needing help...

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Noven seriously man you have some issues...

How can I be shot down when all I said was I wish these updates didnt jack up my phone. You seriously just looking to pick a fight. Chill the **** out man wow..

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Do you not get the point that he was wishing he didn't have to install the updates? That is what the response to. If you had read both posts that would be very evident.

And my response was referring to your first post when you told him to just not install the update (and acted like he was stupid for even asking a question) because it was giving him problems.

That's not how we should be treating each other here, and if we want this platform to keep growing we shouldn't be giving people rude answers when they ask for help or express a problem.

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Back to the topic at hand. I had this same issue. I did some handy dandy Googling and located the very latest Adobe Flash install which was 10.1.92.8. I was previously on 10.1.72.7 And I also forgot to uninstall it prior to loading 2.2 (actually it never crossed my mind). Well I am very happy to report installing the most recent version Flash fixed the browser closing issue and I also don't get notified in AppBrain to update my Flash. I went to What Is My Flash Version? just to be sure and it was recognized where it would just close before. Yay.

I hope this helps.

mikeracn

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

mikeracn

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Back to the topic at hand. I had this same issue. I did some handy dandy Googling and located the very latest Adobe Flash install which was 10.1.92.8. I was previously on 10.1.72.7 And I also forgot to uninstall it prior to loading 2.2 (actually it never crossed my mind). Well I am very happy to report installing the most recent version Flash fixed the browser closing issue and I also don't get notified in AppBrain to update my Flash. I went to What Is My Flash Version? just to be sure and it was recognized where it would just close before. Yay.

I hope this helps.

How do you update the flash player. AppBrain says to update, but I can't find a new one in the Market. Also, I can't uninstall the old one. I just get an error.

UPDATE: Nevermind. Found 10.1.92.8 online. Had to bootstap it. It's a shame that it didn't work out of the box. I'm sure that this will frustrate some others.

Last edited:

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
How do you update the flash player. AppBrain says to update, but I can't find a new one in the Market. Also, I can't uninstall the old one. I just get an error.

UPDATE: Nevermind. Found 10.1.92.8 online. Had to bootstap it. It's a shame that it didn't work out of the box. I'm sure that this will frustrate some others.

Yeah the AppBrain thing didn't work for me either. I just downloaded the .apk file and installed it with ASTRO and was good to go. Glad you got yours going too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter