OTA update to radio FG01

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update. My speeds seem faster so far with the speed test app, but there are also not many ppl on the network at 3:40 in the morning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
edit: yea after moving around my bars seem to be the same. that exact spot I sit in happened to have 2 bars for some reason this morning :(

Sent from far far away....

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Remember though, this update changes how the phone displays its signal strength. If you guys remember the update to the Verizon one that made it show it had better signal then it actually did because so many people were complaining of terrible signal. I wonder if this is the same kind of update.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You mean local search as in part of the maps app?

Universal search refers to you being able to use the Google search app to search for contacts or a song or an app without having to go looking through your whole phone. Apparently, the patent people think Apple invented system searching. :mad:

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received the update either. I have checked the system update screen but I am still nit getting it. Any idea what might be going on?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know these updates roll out in waves so the servers don't get to stressed, but it makes me wonder if something was wrong with it like there was with the GS2's ICS update.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking something must be wrong to. Its been out for almost 72 hrs and still nothing. Unless sprint decided to stop that update and push out JB! Lol I know wishful thinking.

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Force Update:
Delete data and force close Google services framework
Pull battery for 30 seconds
Boot up and *#*#checkin#*#*
Check for software update in settings after checkin succeeded msg

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I flashed the FG01 radio as soon as it was available on XDA a little while ago. It didn't seem to give me better service until today. My data speeds seem faster now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86