OTG 32 GB USB Drive File Manager

FSCL

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've searched the forum but haven't seen an answer to my question so joined and am posting here.

I have a new Kingston 32 GB OTG USB drive and have downloaded OTG Disk Explorer Lite, X-Plore and have not been successful in recognizing the drive when plugged into the Micro USB. I get an "Unable to charge device" message instead.

Is there an application that can recognize the OTG or is my Android version too old?

TIA.

Fred

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to HTC, the One X supports OTG. Use My Files to access the drive. (You need an OTG cable to connect a USB drive to an Android phone. Good news is that the only difference between the 87 cent cable and the $32 cable is the logo. (The wire used - and that's all an OTG cable is - 2 connectors, a cable and one little piece of wire - are the same in both.) So go to Google, set it for the Buy Now tab, look for otg cable, sort by lowest price first, and buy the first one. Bad news is that you'll have to wait for it (2-4 weeks right now, due to the volume of Christmas mail) or you'll have to find one locally (Walmart has one for $4.10, that you can pick up at the store in about a week).

FSCL

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply Rukbat,

However, I'm a bit confused, specifically, I've got this Kingston OTG flash drive:

IMG_418291.jpg

Do I still need an OTG cable, as it goes directly into the MiniUSB port on the HTC?

I do not seem to have a way to view my files from the phone "Settings", have to use X-plore to do so. When the OTG is plugged into the HTC, I get the charging message above. The OTG drive does not appear in X-plore.

Gave my son this same drive except he has a newer Android OS Nexus phone. He actually bought a Nexus 5 / 7 specific app and is happy as a clam moving files, pictures music, etc.....between devices.

Fred

chulookin

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I have downloaded the "ES FILE EXPLORER & THE ES TASK MANAGER THROUGH THE PHONE USING THE APPS, WORKS FOR ME...RUNNING A HTC ONE M9/LOLLIPOP 5.1 & THE IMATION 32GB FLASH DRIVE, TOOK ME A WHILE TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT HAPPY IS PERSISTANT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul85