OTG 4.2 connectivity

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, just a quick question. i dont have a nexus 7 yet, but i will get one soon. i really want to use a ps3 controller to play n64 snes gba games etc. with an OTG cable. i dont want to root it though. so does it still support ps3 controllers on the 4.2 OS natively or must i root it? thanks in advance

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, just a quick question. i dont have a nexus 7 yet, but i will get one soon. i really want to use a ps3 controller to play n64 snes gba games etc. with an OTG cable. i dont want to root it though. so does it still support ps3 controllers on the 4.2 OS natively or must i root it? thanks in advance

You don't need to root, but I suggest you do, since Sixaxis Controller lets you add controls to any game and play wirelessly, for only $2. You need to be rooted though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to root, but I suggest you do, since Sixaxis Controller lets you add controls to any game and play wirelessly, for only $2. You need to be rooted though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
im really scared of stuff like rooting though. i mean im geat with computers and tech, but i have the fear i will mess up and turn my new device into a paperweight

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Rooting a nexus device is far more streamlined and easier since its meant to be an open device unlike the carrier bloatware loaded crap.

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Rooting a nexus device is far more streamlined and easier since its meant to be an open device unlike the carrier bloatware loaded crap.

i realy want to, but im not a risk taker, if there is any chance of ruining my new device, i become extremely scared. i hacked my psp and DS, but im scared to try this or my ipod. what is the error margin for rooting

Alltruism

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Chances of bricking the Nexus 7 are negligible.... Worst outcome you might reasonably get would be having to reflash stock. Use WugFresh Nexus kit and it's all easy