otg question

dbrons

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Just got a s2 9.7 and really like it. But I'm trying to get the otg to work with a microsd card that I will use in my camera. I realize I can just put the card in the microsd slot but I will have another card in there and I read that otg cable works.

I tried the otg cable with a card reader inserted in it and that doesn't work. Neither did a microsd reader with microusb connector that I got. I then tried a pen drive I had laying around and that works fine in the otg cable.

So does anyone know if I can get the s2 to recognize a microsd card via otg?

thanks, Dave

dbrons

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
thanks but it works fine with flashdrive, just not with card reader. I'm going to look for a wired keyboard or mouse and try them...
but if anyone is able to run a card reader via otg I'd love to hear which one.
Dave

cfbush2000

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I just used a Targus high speed SD SDHC MMC card reader writer to read a 32 MB SD card from one of my cameras and it worked. I have 2 OTG cables, one works, one doesn't. However, both work with my thumb drives. There is no branding info or marks on the cables, I think they both came from Amazon. The one that worked is a straight 3 in cable. The other is L shaped at the micro sub connector end, I think it is an older cable. HTH.

dbrons

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I wanted to post back and say thanks cfbush2000 , I was able to get OTG working with a card reader. I bought the targus reader for $4.99 but I do think the difference was in the OTG cable, The right angle one I had did not work so I found this one, highly rated, on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LN3LQKQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00]Amazon.com: Ugreen Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samusung S6 Edge S4 S3 Android or Windows Smart Phones Tablets with OTG Function 6 Inch Black: Computers & Accessories