Otterbox

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered Seidio Innocase's & holsters for my wife and I (black and sage) - and will probably get the Rugged addon when it's available as well.

That said - I'm sure I'll also get a Defender once they're released - being the case'whore that I am. :p

I always liked the Defender on our iPhone 3GS's - but I hated having to put an anti-glare screen protector on to eliminate the oil-slick look from the Defender screen protector. I tried the baby powder trick but it only lasted a while and I can't be bothered to screw around doing that every month or so. Hopefully they got the whole oil slick debacle figured out with the newer Defenders they're making.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
...Probably not compatible with the extended battery.

If it's not no case will be. (but they all technically are compatible because it's already been noted that the extended battery works with the standard battery door...it's just a little snug.)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered Seidio Innocase's & holsters for my wife and I (black and sage) - and will probably get the Rugged addon when it's available as well.

That said - I'm sure I'll also get a Defender once they're released - being the case'whore that I am. :p

I always liked the Defender on our iPhone 3GS's - but I hated having to put an anti-glare screen protector on to eliminate the oil-slick look from the Defender screen protector. I tried the baby powder trick but it only lasted a while and I can't be bothered to screw around doing that every month or so. Hopefully they got the whole oil slick debacle figured out with the newer Defenders they're making.

You nailed it. I have my fingers crossed too. Looks like they have made major improvements, if you look at the iphone 4 defender.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you check out their FB page - there's a lot of iPhone 4 Defender people *****ing up a storm about the oil slick/rainbow effect too. They are claiming the screen protector was put on backwards in manufacturing and are supposedly fixing it - but damn - I don't wanna deal with all that noise. :)

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I already have a screen protector, so I just need a case fire the surrounds, which I believe the seidio active cases are correct?

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
If it's not no case will be. (but they all technically are compatible because it's already been noted that the extended battery works with the standard battery door...it's just a little snug.)

Just because you can force something to fit, doesn't mean you should.

calypsocowboy

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, I can't wait, yes the Otterbox is bulky, but for me personally, I love the protection. I had one on my BB for 9 months and when i took the phone out to give to my wife, it was in great shape. I had the Defender, not sure what I'll get for the X, I already have a screen protector, so I'd really like the commuter, I just doubt it will come with a holster which I really want. Seidio looks nice too, it will be nice to have a selection.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today when I checked their website that they have actual pictures of the cases instead of computer rendered ones. They also have SKU #'s for each model. Hopefully this is a sign that they really are coming soon.