OUR GALAXY S3s ARE NOT THE SAME!

How is your Galaxy S3 doing?

• Total voters

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to start this thread to see how many other people out there are still having problems with their phones, even after the small "FIX" update (MF1).

I loved my galaxy S3. The best phone since my OG Droid, and DInc. Had ZERO complaints, this phone was literally perfect for me. Then I get this damn update VZW pushes out...

I constantly am going back to 3G, I rarely pick up 4G anymore. and text message frequently fail to send, even more so when connected to wi-fi. Lost the ability to take panorama shots and multiple other shooting modes in camera. Battery drain, poor reception..... I don't even know how many other problems it had

I factory reset my phone today and got the camera features back. Still having text issues.

How is everyone else doing? I'm really getting fed up with this phone. Used to love it so much, and I think that is making this crap 10x worse.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::-\:-\:'(

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
They dorked mine up so bad I took the hundred dollars from sprint, took the hundred for porting my number and said screw Verizon...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

hirshey21

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, mine got "borked" too. Mostly my issue is poor data. I get 4g, but only one to two bars.... real slow compared to excellent reception before.
Lucky for me I had a DNA laying around.
I'm thinking of jumping ship to sprint.... as my contract is up in a month.

Posted via Droid DNA

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same crappy reception here in the house that I've always had since the day I got the phone. If I go a block away (outside) I jump right up to 5 bars. My wife's Razr is exactly the same so I don't blame the phone. I blame 4g technology. I don't think another provider would do any better.

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
If I toggle airplane mode, or reset my phone I'll get 4G back for a few minutes (at 2 bars) but then it's right back to 3G (at 2 bars, where I was always full before) just ridiculous!

Posted via Android Central App

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm having issues as well after the fix, which was expected...Verizon sent me a replacement although I refused the shipment because they think I'm some rookie who believes the replacement was as thoroughly tested as these updates they pushed out. Gonna unlock it and sell it for a few bucks, thinking the DNA since the S4 is essentially the same as the S3, just 'prettier' IMO :p

It's good to see some users having no issues and having their previous issues resolved with the update...hopefully Verizon/Samsung will leave as is and try not to push 4.2 out onto it and kill it again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I cannot cast a vote on this. Not enough choices. When the update came out it messed up my phone yes, but, I sent mine back and got a CLNR and have no looked back since. I am still using the MB1 and it is working great. I am holding off on this update to see what others are saying just in case it puts me right back where I left off.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How is everyone else doing? I'm really getting fed up with this phone. Used to love it so much, and I think that is making this crap 10x worse.

My original S3 had some issues which finally came to a head that I called for a replacement. Have had two in one week so far, neither one can connect to secure WIFI which is a different issue than my original had which connects fine and it's been updated. Supposed to get a Droid Razr from them today -- not happy about that because it's a lesser phone and of course a refurb. If it's had the update then I'm figuring I'm going to have the same WIFI problem :( don'tchyathink? I'm ready to drive to New York and drop them all off the top of the Empire State Building.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready to drive to New York and drop them all off the top of the Empire State Building.
Sorry, I don't think they even let you drop pennies off the Empire State Building anymore - party poopers! I'd pay $5 to watch you send them to their doom.:eek:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4