P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

gabo_lope

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Rom: CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-A5-OptimusOne-Kang afdad666 rom
Kernel: 2.08 Joban
Phone: Lg Thrive

The only issue that i had is that i can't connect to other phones using bluetooth

Sheva

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I use Stock AT&T 2.2.2, GingerBreak'd, and use CPU Tuner to moderate my usage and battery life.

I'm waiting for a stable version of something better. Would like some overclocking. Finally got Tethering working without having to spread cheeks for AT&T. Would like 2.3 or 4.x.x.x. Supposedly LG gave AT&T 2.3 but I have yet to see it distributed. I'm sure they are hacking it to disable hacking the device.

Same here. Rooted and still on stock. I personally am waiting on seeing something more tailored specifically for the thrive from start to finish (kernel and rom). I want something proven (by a wide number of thrive users) to fairly reliable and stable thrive. Would've been nice if AT&T could throw us thrive users a bone and release our 2.3 rom, too.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Rooted and still on stock. I personally am waiting on seeing something more tailored specifically for the thrive from start to finish (kernel and rom). I want something proven (by a wide number of thrive users) to fairly reliable and stable thrive. Would've been nice if AT&T could throw us thrive users a bone and release our 2.3 rom, too.

get after them start asking we didnt get an update till be birtched a lot.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Stock 2.3.4, rooted. I really cant do anything since im on new bb now :( it totally sucks but oh well i can wait :). and i have Swype to! :D i didnt know we could get it on our phones.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Phone: LG Thrive P506
Kernel: Joban #8
ROM: CyanogenMMattv1.1

Rooted with GingerBreak

I have several issuse with this setup and I'm sure there may be others that I haven't noticed yet. However, I'm happy to have Android 2.3.5 running on my device, so I'm not gonna remove these updates until something more stable and permanent comes along.

* Booting the phone now takes forever. Was fairly fast with the stock ROM and kernel.
* When overclocking, I run into all kinds of drawing issues like the screen being split. In both modes, vertical and landscape. This problem seems to go away if I leave the CPU max value set to 600 mhz. Govenor is always kept at ONDEMAND.

Will list others as they appear.

Last edited:

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
wierd. the cm7.2 kang with joban 2.08 doesn't work on my thrive. i get boot freeze at lg logo. ive tried wiping everything in recovery and tried 3 different times and still just won't boot. i wipe data, and system and boot and all that and then load the rom, after rom installs i reboot to check if it works and it does, just wierd colors and usual stuff. i flash old baseband fix and that fixes my data and all that. but then i reboot and flash joban kernel and it loads up to lg boot logo then just freezes and eventually goes to sleep and i gotta pull the battery to reboot it. :'( i guess im sticking with cm9 ics and raeyne kernel since its the most stable rom i can find at the moment.

Last edited:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Your using the wrong rom for the kernel. Or vise versa. No wonder its bootloopin.
Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel. Joban 2.08 is. 32 kernel.

lightdesk

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
wierd. the cm7.2 kang with joban 2.08 doesn't work on my thrive. i get boot freeze at lg logo. ive tried wiping everything in recovery and tried 3 different times and still just won't boot. i wipe data, and system and boot and all that and then load the rom, after rom installs i reboot to check if it works and it does, just wierd colors and usual stuff. i flash old baseband fix and that fixes my data and all that. but then i reboot and flash joban kernel and it loads up to lg boot logo then just freezes and eventually goes to sleep and i gotta pull the battery to reboot it. :'( i guess im sticking with cm9 ics and raeyne kernel since its the most stable rom i can find at the moment.

I had the same problem with my Thrive but when you flash any 2.3.x ROM in this order it boots fine and everything works including colors, wifi, data etc. Order: Rom, reboot and observe messed up colors, reboot into recovery and flash joban's kernel, reboot, u won't be able to boot past LG logo but colors are fixed, finally reboot into recovery and flash p505 obb fix, reboot and all works.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Thrive but when you flash any 2.3.x ROM in this order it boots fine and everything works including colors, wifi, data etc. Order: Rom, reboot and observe messed up colors, reboot into recovery and flash joban's kernel, reboot, u won't be able to boot past LG logo but colors are fixed, finally reboot into recovery and flash p505 obb fix, reboot and all works.

I think I tried that when it wasn't working initially. I 'll try it again though and let you know.

What about this guys comment a few comments up that says "Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel."

edit: tried installing it in the order you mentioned and still get bootfreeze at lg logo. I noticed people pointing to RC0 but the only thing I can find is RC1. Also people are throwing in things like A8 and A5 in the filename and when I google the file they say they are using it just says no results found at all.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I tried that when it wasn't working initially. I 'll try it again though and let you know.

What about this guys comment a few comments up that says "Any rom you have to Obb patch you need .35 kernel."

I think he misspoke (err typed) here is how it works.

Any .32 kernel bases ROM that work for the P500 should work with the OBB and Jobans #8 Kernel [some roms have issues but most will work at least for the most part]. A few .32 kernel based ROMs where written for the NBB and will work using joban's Kernel provided you use a patch, some roms have it some don't [I would stay away from most of them as they tend to be pretty glitchy]. If you are on the NBB you are pretty much stuck using .35 kernel as almost all the NBB ROMs are written for this. Unfortunately that means either stock ROM & Kernel or getting one of the half way done .35 kernels by joban or raenye till we can a better kernel built. Some of us are working on it and Joban has reappeared and with any luck he can quickly work his magic to get a kernel and source code up and running for us.

lightdesk

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

edit: tried installing it in the order you mentioned and still get bootfreeze at lg logo. I noticed people pointing to RC0 but the only thing I can find is RC1. Also people are throwing in things like A8 and A5 in the filename and when I google the file they say they are using it just says no results found at all.

I am currently using the CM7 7.2 RC1 on my thrive with no problems. Many roms that I've tested work with the order I mentioned. Did you clear things out before beginning the flash order? Your problems may have something to do with the base band but I am on obb and I am assuming you are too so things should work.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
ok, now im confused. im using the new 7.2 rc1 rom, not sure which kernal (under my name above i put what it says it is on about phone page) i beleive its raeyne,s or has his patch.everything works great, the wifi, data, mms, voice, everything. oh, the black screen thing? yeah, when i first wake it up, the screen is black until i touch it. if i wasnt gonna touch it, i wouldn't have woke it up anyway, so that is not a problem for me. now this is where im confused, i read about everyone having problems,but mineseems to be perfect. i admit i really dont know what im doing, so am i missing something or did i mistakingly find the sweet combination that works? my only complaint is it wont make my bed or do the dishes.