Pair s2 with samsung tablet?

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't download the Gear app on to my samsung galaxy tablet; its not compatible. So how do I connect my tablet and watch?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I can't download the Gear app on to my samsung galaxy tablet; its not compatible. So how do I connect my tablet and watch?
You would either have to side load the APK or use the watch/tablet as a Bluetooth only. IT would be very limited in function as a Bluetooth only device.
If you don't understand Side Loading an APK than you may want to seek help from someone that knows how to do this.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I downloaded the app. The problem is my tablet does not even see my watch when I scan via bluetooth. I know my watch is on because it's connected to my phone. I just want to use my watch for a smart lock source for the tablet.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
All,

Got it working on my Samsung Tab S2 LTE tablet:

1) Download a build.prop editor app from the Google Play store and install it
2) Change the Phone model (ro.product.model) to 'SM-N910W8' (this is the Note 4 model number) and also change the Phone Type (ro.build.characteristics) to 'phone'. Save and reboot your tablet.
3) Download the latest Samsung Gear Manager APK from a APK web site (i used APK Pure but find the one you prefer and trust and then download the app from it.).
4) Install the Samsung Gear Manager and start it
5) Make sure your watch is reset and in initial pairing mode
6) Samsung Gear manager should now see the watch and proceed in installing it

Good luck !

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I am curious, those of you who want to pair to tablet: is this in lieu of using smartphone or in addition to it?

I am ditching my smartphone in favor using the watch for calls, messages, time, and other "at a glance" tasks and using a tablet for content creation and consumption or computing (running apps) tasks.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
That is exactly my set up... I have rhe Samsung Tab S2 8.0 with LTE capability, I can make calls with i but rarely do. I use my Samsung gear S2 or my LG Urbane for calls, sms and social network chats..

Ashwolf

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
@ miroul

The build.prop editor is working only if it has root access. Tried rooting my s2 t719 but got a lot of warnings about how that would void my warranty and could possibly brick my device. I would be willing to try if I knew for sure that it will work. Advice pls!

JaneKnight

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I downloaded the app. The problem is my tablet does not even see my watch when I scan via bluetooth. I know my watch is on because it's connected to my phone. I just want to use my watch for a smart lock source for the tablet.

Toggle off the Bluetooth on the gear3 and back on...it will then pick up your tablet. Make sure tablet is in pairing mode. Worked for me..

wypierdalaj

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
So... ive got samsung watch end have the same problem...
i have no root but already install soft...
any one have an idea?
phone lte 715 see but brake connection after 1sek...

tarbear12356

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
You would either have to side load the APK or use the watch/tablet as a Bluetooth only. IT would be very limited in function as a Bluetooth only device.
If you don't understand Side Loading an APK than you may want to seek help from someone that knows how to do this.

i want to receive game notifications, will it be possible to do over BLE?