Pbxes Deleted My VOIP Account!

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i dont want to start a new thread and anyway thsi one is far enought off topic already.

i've tried using sipdroid and csip to get rid of the no audio problem and now i'm having a different issue. same problem with both. i'm recieveing two calls. first the internet call starts to come in, then gets overridden by the regular call that disconnects the data. anyone know a fix for this.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i dont want to start a new thread and anyway thsi one is far enought off topic already.

i've tried using sipdroid and csip to get rid of the no audio problem and now i'm having a different issue. same problem with both. i'm recieveing two calls. first the internet call starts to come in, then gets overridden by the regular call that disconnects the data. anyone know a fix for this.

Off topic? I don't follow :)

If you are using sipgate, then you have set google voice to call both the voip number and your cell number at the same time right? There is not much you can do about the dual call for now, besides what I posted about Tasker and silencing the ringer. Possible a more complex Tasker profile can kill your incoming call capabilities while leaving your 3G connected when there is a voip call. Maybe by turning on a "do not disturb" mode of the phone. Often times, the voip cll is not disconnected but sitting the in the background. Try looking at your notofications and selecting csipsimple incoming call.

If you are using pbxes.org (grrrr), edit your extension. At the bottom, you can set the call to conditionally forward to your cellphone number. So if sipdroid is not connected, or if it rang for 10 seconds, it can then ring your cell number. In this way, you can disable google voice's call both your cellphone and voip number feature. Just have it enabled for Gtalk. Now, only your cell or your voip will ring. This does introduce the problem that sometimes your VM voicemail will pick up and sometimes your google voice voicemaill will pick up. But who uses voicemail anyways? Leave a text, damn it! Also you could do this: http://michigantelephone.wordpress....-messages-in-your-google-voice-voicemail-box/

Last edited:
Reactions: NOMster

liebezeit

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Off topic? I don't follow :)

If you are using sipgate, then you have set google voice to call both the voip number and your cell number at the same time right? There is not much you can do about the dual call for now, besides what I posted about Tasker and silencing the ringer. Possible a more complex Tasker profile can kill your incoming call capabilities while leaving your 3G connected when there is a voip call. Maybe by turning on a "do not disturb" mode of the phone. Often times, the voip cll is not disconnected but sitting the in the background. Try looking at your notofications and selecting csipsimple incoming call.

If you are using pbxes.org (grrrr), edit your extension. At the bottom, you can set the call to conditionally forward to your cellphone number. So if sipdroid is not connected, or if it rang for 10 seconds, it can then ring your cell number. In this way, you can disable google voice's call both your cellphone and voip number feature. Just have it enabled for Gtalk. Now, only your cell or your voip will ring. This does introduce the problem that sometimes your VM voicemail will pick up and sometimes your google voice voicemaill will pick up. But who uses voicemail anyways? Leave a text, damn it! Also you could do this: How to stop people from leaving messages in your Google Voice voicemail box ? The Michigan Telephone blog

I do something a little different. I only use the PBXes/GTalk voip thingy at home. When I arrive home, Tasker (seeing my WiFi connect) turns my cell radio off entirely so only CSipSimple receives calls. Plus I never run out of battery. Problem is I can't use the phone on my front stoop because it's on the edge of my wifi.