Persistent Google bar

SparklyPickle

May 31, 2017
Visit site
When I was on 8.0, it was at the top of the screen and I disabled it.
Now that I updated to 8.1, it moved to the bottom and now seems to be persistent, since I checked and it's still disabled.

Is there a way to get rid of it? I have no need for it and it uses screen space for nothing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that I updated to 8.1, it moved to the bottom and now seems to be persistent, since I checked and it's still disabled.

Is there a way to get rid of it? I have no need for it and it uses screen space for nothing.

That's odd because Oreo started with the search bar at the bottom. Not sure why you are starting at the top unless you were using a launcher.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Wait, do you have a Pixel 2 (XL) or the Pixel 1 (XL)? It sounds like you have the first Pixel.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oreo 8.0 was different on Pixel 1?

Well the main thing here is the OP said the search bar was on top of their phone. The Pixel 2 search bar has always been on the bottom of the phone. Only the Pixel 1 had it on the top.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, if I want to look something up I will say "hello googly" .

I think having on the screen is a waste or real-estate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey