Phone believes it is face down, Edge Screen blocks notifications

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
Hey all, recently my GS9+ has been having this problem, and I cannot find any solution.
When I receive a text, WhatsApp message or anything, they do not show up, and instead I get the Edge Screen lighting up, and get the small notification at the top of the screen.

I haven't dropped the phone prior to this, so I am not sure what could have happened.
I also do not think it has anything to do with the front sensor, as it doesn't show the "Touch input blocked" message.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey all, recently my GS9+ has been having this problem, and I cannot find any solution.
When I receive a text, WhatsApp message or anything, they do not show up, and instead I get the Edge Screen lighting up, and get the small notification at the top of the screen.

I haven't dropped the phone prior to this, so I am not sure what could have happened.
I also do not think it has anything to do with the front sensor, as it doesn't show the "Touch input blocked" message.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

In the Edge Settings. You can set where you want to show the notifications. Or maybe Notifications and lock screen.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think that's the way Edge Screen works. Personally, I have it disabled because I prefer normal notifications. Also, make sure you have it set for Face Down only if you don't want edge screen with screen up.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61