Phone Boots in Loop and Won't go to Lock Screen

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've had a Samsung Galaxy Ace for a year and a half and have never had any problems with it. It gets dropped once or twice a week, but besides that it stays pretty safe. Last night I went to restart my phone and when I turned it back on it showed its logos like it always does before bringing me to my lock screen but this time it got stuck at the Samsung logo. It pulsed white and blue for around 30 seconds, then goes through all the logos again and it does this on loop. I've tried removing the battery and trying it, removing the SD and SIM cards and trying it, and no luck. I've got no idea what's wrong... any ideas?

Thanks,
- Nathan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing. Try taking it out, laying it flat on a table, and spinning it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, and therefore is going bad. Try a new battery.

You could also try booting into the Recovery Menu following these instructions--however, instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure to select "wipe cache partition." Then select "reboot system now."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAgdsyDshHU

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The battery isn't the issue. It spins fine and my Mom has the same phone as me and there is no change with my phone when I tried her battery. Your second suggestion didn't work either, sadly. I'm assuming factory reset would solve the issue, but if possible I would like to avoid that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset probably wouldn't solve the issue, but you probably will have to lose any un-backed-up data on the phone. Take it to your carrier's store. If that store doesn't do repairs, ask where the nearest one is that does repairs. Take it there and ask if they can reflash the phone.

If they can't, and it's not under warranty, you're in for either a new motherboard or a new phone.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, but after bringing my phone to my carrier's store they said it would cost $70 to ship it away to be repaired and I hadn't even tried restoring it yet. So, when I got home I tried that and it works fine now. I still have all my contacts luckily but now I've got to spend a while getting everything back the way I liked it, but it beats going without a phone for a week plus fronting $70 for nothing. Thanks again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably not, unless you often install apps from outside of reliable places like Google Play or Amazon Appstore. It's more likely that some system app (or some other app you installed) was malfunctioning and causing the bootloop.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Probably not, unless you often install apps from outside of reliable places like Google Play or Amazon Appstore. It's more likely that some system app (or some other app you installed) was malfunctioning and causing the bootloop.

All my aps were from the Play Store. Thanks again and hopefuly it won't happen again. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer