Phone Calling Itself when it Connects to Android Auto

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know when it started but at first I thought my girl was calling me on Messenger, which shows my own number but it's the case.

I tried Google but the only information I got was about PERMISSIONS, which honestly not an expert but I did try DISABLING Android Auto and that didn't work.

It's not just my S24U but my OnePlus 11 as well.

I'm thinking it's an APP? My 11 is like my back up so not all the apps are installed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any automation apps or 'Routines' that might be triggering it? Is it a FB Messenger call (if so, not sure how'd that show your number and not an FB profile)? If it's Android Auto, does it happen in a specific car (i.e. have you tried in a different vehicle)?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this on FB Messenger? If so, have you tried clearing data on said app? What about starting the phone in Safe Mode? (Not sure this will allow AA to connect, though... have never tried it).

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I seen this question 2 or 3 times in a short period way back in 2022 or something and I don't believe there was ever a workable solution. For whatever reason, I am not able to find those posts here on the site even though I participated in them. In the meantime I found these links to this question with the first 2 having what feels like the most information.

Reddit

Google Support

Google [No] Help

Android Auto Help

There were so many more all about the same with about the same responses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jason S