Phone Contact Image

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
What is the name of the contact in this screen shot from Settings and how do I set the image for it?

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

Attachments

• 54937.jpg
    54937.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 53

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's the "me" contact at the top of the people app. If you use google+, the easiest way to populate and set the image is to go into google+, open settings, choose your account, the contacts, then check "keep contacts up to date".

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To add to doogald's excellent information… when you go into Google+, click or tap on your picture, then on the settings menu on the upper right side of the screen. Select edit name and you can change your screen name. I changed mine from James to Jim. Now my phone says hello Jim when I make a query from the lock screen. Most of the time it says "hello Jim, " although occasionally it says "hey there." Haven't figured out why yet. Must be a random response generator in the phone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Perfect, thanks as always for your knowledgeable and informative answers!

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope my info was correct. I have transitioned to the Turbo and that's what I thought you were referring to. I never used that particular setting screen on my MAXX (I used a settings icon to access the menu). I typed my response from my phone. When I couldn't find my post I thought to check the MAXX forum (Duh, your post indicated MAXX). I may have to pull out the MAXX and check. FWIW, I find the voice actions worked much better on the MAXX.
edison

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63