Phone freezing while charging.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
When the phone is on charge my mum can't use the phone it freezes when she tries to close an app & when the phone does respond the app jumps up & down the screen a bit when she presses the square button to close the app also she has to press the app a few times to open it. She also said that she was texting someone & the phone deleted the whole text one letter at a time so when she went to redo the text the phone wouldn't let her. When the phone is off charge it's perfectly fine. Any idea what is going on & how to fix this strange issue. The phone seems to charge fine though.

crtcrln

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
Had the same problem on the same type of phone. The problem seemed to be twofold. With the case on it overheated. Plus the charger was getting way hot. First started to charge face down and disconnected the charger when using. Problem lessened with that change. finally changed the charger and that solved the problem. Charger was original charger we got with the phone that caused problems.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't no if the phone or charger gets hot but I do no she's not using the original charger. Could that be the problem? Maybe she could use my old Moto turbo charger to charge the phone quicker but I no that heats up the phone & batteries don't like heat.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
she's not using the original charger. Could that be the problem?
Yes. Buy a Samsung charger before you blow up your phone and burn down the house.
Maybe she could use my old Moto turbo charger to charge the phone quicker.
Bad idea.
...but I no that heats up the phone & batteries don't like heat.
You're right about that!

crtcrln

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
My phone charges in turbo mode now with no problems. I do charge with the phone screen face down and propped up on one end to keep cooler and have no problems charging now. If you check this is a problem in a lot of these phones.